trust

Chapter 13| trust

Recap: Sean and Kaycee have a mutual dislike for each other. They are forced to be friends in order to perform at BUILDABEAST. Sean reveals that his mom died, and Kaycee is there through it all. Slowly Sean starts falling for Kaycee but she rejects him. And here we are.

Sean

I was more stressed out then usual, leaning on the wall waiting for Kaycee to come out of class. Through all my hazy thoughts last night, I decided that I would have to put all my selfish thoughts away just until BUILDABEAST was over. It wouldn't be fair to Kaycee for us not to do it. Not after she worked so hard on it. For Kaycee, I'd be willing to do it, even if she hates me after this.

I spot the brown haired beauty exiting the class and immediately I stop in front of her. Her usual smile falters as I scratch the back of my head awkwardly. "Hey, um can we talk?" I take a deep breath. C'mon Sean, just say what you rehearsed.

Kaycee nods her head and looks at Bailey who tells her she'll wait for her in the car. We walk towards a nearby bench and suddenly, the speech I'd been composing in my head disappeared while I fumbled nervously with my car keys. Kaycee's stoic demeanor changed into one of a more sympathetic manner and to both our surprise, she placed her hand on mine.

"Well? What did you want to say?"

Okay here goes nothing.

"Kayce, I realised really messed up and I'm so sorry for bringing my emotions into our partnership. Partnerships are supposed to be based on trust and I broke that trust between us. So I'm here to ask if we can set aside our feelings and complete BUILDABEAST. This is not an excuse and I know I don't deserve it, but I believe you do. You deserve so much more than I gave to you and I'm sorry. I understand if you never want to talk to me after this but we've worked so hard to get to this point, I guess what I'm saying is it'd be a shame to let this go to waste over some stupid boy's feelings. What'd ya say Kayce?"

Kaycee

I look at Sean in awe as I try to comprehend what he just said. That was the most heart felt apology I've ever gotten and I didn't know what to say. I'm supposed to be mad at him.

Damn it, he's even good at apologizing.

"Kayce? Did you understand what I was trying to say?"

"Okay." I say with so many emotions under that one word. I couldn't let him break down my walls again, but like he said it'd be a shame for all the hard work we put in to go to waste.

Lets just hope this time we don't get any feelings because my heart can stand so little before it breaks.
...
Hahaha, yea like my months long break I took 😅

Too soon? Too soon.