dream

Chapter 14| dream

Sean

The following days leading up to BUILDABEAST are filled solely with us going over the choreography again and again, making sure that every move is made with precision. We've been so tired after the practices that we barely even talk.

Maybe this is for the best... It's what Kaycee wanted right?

If you'd asked me that on the night I talked with Julian, I would've told you I'd stop at nothing to win Kaycee back, but now all I want is to honour her wishes. And if she wants us to be friends, I'll be her friend.

It was currently T-minus 11 hours until BUILDABEAST started and we were lying on the smooth hardwood floor in my garage in exhaustion. I sit up and turn to Kaycee. She looked just as tired as me with all the sweat dripping from head to toe.

"We look ghastly Kaycee!" I remark gesturing to our sweaty bodies.

She giggled lightly before pouting like a child "Well you look worse than I do Shamu."

I gasp pretentiously and hold my hand to my heart. "Why, Kaycee Caitlyn Rice! You take that back!"

She sticks her tongue out at me and I laughed inwardly as I flick my hand towel towards her. "Go take a shower you stink."
...

Kaycee

I walk out of the shower while drying my hair. Ever since we made up we've been so busy that we just shower at each other's place instead of driving home. I was wearing the lewser hoodie that Sean gave me a while back and some sweatpants. I was ready to kick back and unwind after dinner. Which would also be a lá chopped junior chef.

Things haven't been the same since our fight, but it's been better. Although we didn't talk much, our choreography has really improved but I still feel weird about this.

I walk down and see Sean cooking dinner. For awhile I just stand at the doorway and watch him cooking. His passion and his eye for detail manages to shine through even when he's cooking. Even though he's cooking something so simple as pasta, he still keeps his eye for detail.
...

Sean

I was about to call Kaycee for dinner when I see her at the doorway. She sits down on one  of the stools and admires the food hungrily.

"This looks delicious Sean!"

She dives into her food immediately and I follow suit. After eating, I start cleaning the dishes and I hear Kaycee talking to someone on her phone.

She sighs in frustration and plops down on the island as if desperation.

"Hey, mom says that she'll pick me up late cause she's busy."

"Okay, wanna freestyle for awhile?" I say with a small smile.

And that was how we ended up back in the garage listening to songs. "Gone 2 long" by pretty much comes up and I let my body take over.

My movements are sharp but delicate as if mirroring the song. Like how it spoke about the distance between two people that loved each other. They were so close but so far.

I know that it's wrong, keeps me up all night
I'm telling me lies, sayin' I'm alright
I look in the mirror, don't see no tough guy
But I'll be fine

Kaycee stood up and began freestyling. As we danced together, I noticed that Kaycee didn't mirror my movements. Instead, she complimented whatever I did and she managed to turn my interpretation of the song into her own.

Girl, you know that I need you
Baby, I'll keep you around (need you around you)
Give me a reason
Baby, I need you right now
My love, you can keep it
This ain't no secret
The only thing I ask

Even though, we were making up the dance as we went, we managed to be so connected. After all the time I spent with Kaycee, it was like I could read her mind as we moved in fluidity.

We were both exhausted but in the moment, all our worries dissipated. Nothing else but us and the song mattered.

Promise me you won't be gone too long, my dear
Promise me you won't belong anywhere else but here, with me
Baby, I need ya, I need ya, I do
I can't find my love anywhere without you
So don't be gone too long, my dear (oh-oh)

Dance was my way of showing up my emotions to the world. And in this moment, I locked eyes with Kaycee and I told her everything. My hurt, my sadness my frustration, my hopefulness and my gratefulness.

The connection we shared was so strong, I felt it fill the room. By the end of the song, we were both struggling to catch our breaths. I had a hand placed on her shoulder as her back was facing away from me.

She turned to face me and immediately hugged me. I caved in to the hug as we sank to the floor.

The song changed and time moved on but we stayed.

And that was all that mattered.

...
Forgive me if I don't explain or write about dances as I'm not a professional dancer myself and I'm really trying.
Thanks.
Hope you enjoyed.