tension

Chapter 7 |tension

Kaycee

We ran into class ten minutes late, thankfully they were still doing stretches. The migos and my girls looked at me and Sean with raised eyebrows as we headed towards them.

"Is that Sean's hoodie Kayce?" Bailey asked with her mouth wide open.

I looked down and blushed as I realized I was still wearing Sean's hoodie.

"Yea it is, I needed to change my clothes. Mine got dirty." I said with a shrug.

Josh stared at me and shouted at Sean. "GITTTTTT"

I just rolled my eyes and replied so my friends wouldn't get any ideas. "We were practicing really late last night and I was too tired to go home."

Sean appeared behind me and whispered into my neck "did I tell you that you look good in my sweater?"

Unable to contain myself anymore, I snapped. "Sean! stop doing that!" I said angrily. His cheeky smile faltered as he look at me closely "stop doing what?"

"You! one day you act all distant and cold and the next you pretend like nothing ever happened between us! Don't you understand Sean?! You left me, and you didn't even tell! I waited every single day for you. But not once did you call or text me until I gave up. I tried to forget you. To bury you deep inside me. I'm afraid Sean. I don't want to get hurt again." I said with tears already streaming down my face.

Sean groaned and shouted back. "You don't know what happened. You don't know why I left you the way I did! Maybe I just needed some space to deal with stuff. Have you ever thought of that?!"

I boldly stepped closer to Sean and looked him straight in the eye. "That's what hurt the most Sean. I wasn't there for you because you didn't trust me enough to tell me." Feeling so tired, I ran out of the class to sit somewhere and cry my eyes out.

Sean

I stood rooted in the same spot for awhile. Shocked at what just happened. I saw it in her eyes. She didn't even have a look of hurt anymore, she had pity in her eyes.

You hurt her Sean. And now, you might really lose her.

I briefly made eye contact with Julian and he nodded his head. He mouthed the words "Go, I'll tell Jake." So I ran out of the room to go look for Kaycee. I found her sitting in the janitors closet crying. Her bottom lip was quivering and when she sent me a distressed look, my heart broke.

I immediately ran to her and enveloped her in a warm hug while she cried into my shirt. I could tell that she didn't want to, but she had no strength to resist. I whispered to her softly in between her muffled sobs.

"I'm sorry."

...
My heart is  b r o k e n  after writing this chapter😭

In other note thanks for all the encouragement! I feel like I have so many ideas coming through now :)

please vote and comment!

Also if you guys have any suggestions please do comment and let me know!