f.r.i.e.n.d.s

Chapter 15|f.r.i.e.n.d.s

Kaycee

My heart was palpitating dangerously fast and my palms were sweaty while we were behind the stage. This was one of the first times, I would be co-teaching a partner class and I was nervous to say the least.

Thoughts plagued my mind.

What if people criticized me or they couldn't understand the message behind the dance?

A pair of hands shook my shoulder lightly to raise me from my reverie.

''Kaycee, are you okay? You zoned out for a bit there.'' Sean said worriedly.

Wow. Here I was worrying about what I was feeling that I never even thought of how Sean felt. He choreographed nearly all of the dance and it would soon be showcased for the world to dissect and pick apart.

With a small smile, I told Sean that I was just nervous and I would be fine.

He nodded absentmindedly and turned away. I wasn't paying attention at first, but now I saw the signs. The way his eyes darted frantically. His heavy breathing. The occasional twitch on his arms.

He was nervous too.

I sighed and turned his face to meet mine.

"Sean, you're gonna do fine. We're gonna do fine because we have each other. If you want me as a friend you should know that I'll always be there for you." Our faces were centimeters apart as I got lost in his eyes.

He seemed to be at loss for words and I felt a strange pang in my chest.

"Kaycee and Sean? You're up in five!!" A voice interupted.

Sean

Friends. I liked the sound of that.
...

All our effort and hard work paid off. The class was so supportive and enthusiastic about our dance. They went crazy over the reversal of parts at the end of our choreo.

What was even better was that Kaycee was by my side.

"YEEEHAW! THAT WAS AMAZING GUYS." Josh yelled brinmming with excitement.

"Y'all we're great! My babies are finally growing up!!" Bailey said with a motherly smile.

"This calls for a celebratory dinner!" Julian said enthusiastically.

Janelle and Will approached us as everyone was leaving.

"You guys were amazing. We knew you guys had chemistry but what we witnessed today was better than our expectations." Said Will, his eyes twinkling.

"You guys managed to pull through even through the rough patches and I'm so proud of y'all!" Janelle gushed proudly.

They both paused and shared a look before continuing again.

"Which is why, we want to ask you guys if are interested in doing a special performance...for our....wedding?" They said cheekily.

And both our jaws dropped.

"You're engaged?!" Kaycee asked in confusion.

"You guys are one of the first people to know of this before we announce our engagement publicly." Janelle said shyly.

Which was a first, Janelle was always so confident.

"Are you kidding?!"

"We'd be more than happy to perform!" I said, my heart almost bursting with joy.

"Yea, you guys are literally our god-parents of course we'd love to!" Kaycee said her eyes shining with happiness.

"I'm so happy for you guys!! This calls for a group hug!"

And we ended our BUILDABEAST 2018 experience with a group hug shared over the happiest of news.
...
I iz back and I iz ready for more chapters to come!

I wanna thank y'all for all the comments because honestly, your comments are so uplifting and motivating to me. 💘