interruption

Chapter 5 | interruption

Kaycee

I can't be friends with Sean, if I do he'll just leave me again. Alone. With no one to hold.

"Hey Sean... are you gonna cook dinner or?" A black haired girl in her twenties appeared to ask.

She glanced at what appeared to be an intimate situation and smirked at Sean "Oh... I didn't realise you had someone here..."

Sean slowly let go of Kaycee and turned to Serris. "Uh.... yeah, this is Kaycee. Kaycee meet my sister Serris who is leaving now."

"Nice to meet you Kaycee, Sean don't forget to make dinner for yourself. I'm going out for dinner. Also don't have too much fun kids. Byeee" Said Serris as she laughed lightly and walked out of the room.

Sean gave me an apologetic smile and gazed at me, his expression unreadable.

"So.... you wanna stay for dinner?"

Sean

I don't know what came over me when I asked Kaycee over for dinner. Or what happened between us for that matter. It was all so confusing and I felt so conflicted about my feelings toward her.

Nevertheless, she trailed silently behind me as I walked to the kitchen. She sat on one of the stools while I rummaged through the fridge looking for any edible food. Eventually,I found a loaf of bread and some cheese to make grilled cheese sandwiches. Spreading the butter thickly onto the bread I placed it on the heated pad and layered on some cheese and bread.

The aroma of the sandwich soon filled the air and I saw Kaycee looking over. I finished the two sandwiches and gave one to Kaycee. She immediately started to attack the sandwich. Slowly she widened her eyes and groaned.

"OH MY GOD! This actually tastes heavenly! Are you some kind of master chef or something?" Kaycee teased lightly.

I gave her a sheepish look and she gasped loudly. "WAIT, you're actually a chef?!" I laughed and replied "nah, I just kinda won a cooking competition, chopped junior when I was like thirteen...." Kaycee stared at me in amazement for a few second before muttering under her breath. "What can't you do?"

Kaycee

We ended up practicing our dance and making new choreography. After hours, we sank onto the couch in exhaustion. "I swear, my body will be so sore tomorrow I don't know how I'll be able to go to Will's class." I said dramatically as I sank further into the couch.

"Same." Sean quietly replied. Neither of us bothered to restart the conversation, so we sat there in comfortable silence while listening to the deafening sounds of thunder and rain outside.

It was at that moment that I remembered I still had to go home. "Ughh it's already so late and I still need to get an uber and drive home in the storm!" I yelled frustratingly.

"Just stay the night." Sean bluntly replied. I gave him a weird look and he sighed tiredly and continued. "We're both going to class tomorrow anyways, since it's raining so heavily why don't you just sleep in the guest room?"

"You sure your parents won't mind?" I asked worriedly. Sean gave me a small smile. "Nah, they're cool." I nodded in approval and texted Kylie that I would be staying over at Sean's house. Well. This'll be an interesting night.....

.

..
Writers block. Writers block. Writers block.

Ugh. I don't even know what this chapter is tbh.

That's all I have to say.

Wait. THANK YOU GAIS FOR 1K READS! I never expected it lol.

Anyways, enjoy.