10. Favour

Enjoy Reading :)

______________________________________

Guilt.

Disappointment.

Frustration.

Anger.

Emptiness.

Lonliness.

These were the words describing what he was feeling at the moment.

Guilt for not being there for her.

For being a disappointment to her.

Frustration; for the way things turned out to be.

Anger at himself. For what he did. How can he? How can he be so irresponsible?

Emptiness for the first time after his parents left him.

Lonliness for not being able to share his feelings with her.

With his aunt. Who has been there for him when he needed her the most.

And this is how he paid for her kindness?

How can he be so irresponsible?

Added to that is ....

"Hey bro!" He heard Rehan's voice and looked up to see his best friend entering his apartment with hands full of food parcel.

Any other time this would have made him happy but now he felt nothing and when he saw it. He just smiled at his friend.

Rehan noticed him. He knew that his friend was not alright. For when Abhat Singh refused for food it means things are really serious.

"What happened bro?" He asked, concerned seeing his happy go lucky friend upset.

"You don't know?" Abhay asked, feeling doubtful because Rehan was close to his aunt too. They shared deep business advices with each other and personally she treated Rehan same as Abhay.

After things got sorted between Rehan and Sanaa; she invited whole of the Siddiqui family for dinner at her house. It was nice to see her happy. This were one of those rare family moments where she wished that she too had a family.

Rehan, Rabiya, Armaan, little Arhan and now Shenu! All were like her children!

But he and Rehan were the ones who were closest to her. So it can't be possible that Rehan doesn't know.

"I just heard that Abhay Singh is cut off from Jindal group of companies, from Mrs. Aarti." Rehan replied.

He remembered the call he received after Abhay's  cursed voice messages. Mrs. Aarti is Pooja aunty's secretary from so many years and so she knew Rehan well.

Abhay closed his eyes once more. Trying to hide the effect of these words on him.

Cut from the Jindal group of companies. That was not it. That didn't even matter to him. He was doing well on his own. Ofcourse he felt that he was a disappointment for his aunt. But that was not the reason for his sorrow.

Cut from the life of Pooja Jindal.

That was what that triggered him. He lost the trust she had on him. His behaviour was so irresponsible.

"And I know that it can't possibly make you this upset because you don't even want that company. So tell me the reason because of which Pooja aunty took such a huge step." Rehan said and Abhay sighed.