42: Take Over

Enjoy Reading (:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why?" Abhay finally asked his aunt.

"You were angry with me for not attending that meeting in Vegas... Was that also a lie?" He asked and Pooja looked at him with a guilty look, she was going to tell truth now, one that she should have told her after that meeting.

"I was really angry with you for not attending the meeting because that was the place that where we have decided to officially introduce you to Vaishali. I was angry because you missed a chance to meet her and see her presentation. She is just like your mother and I was sure that once you see her in her professional mode then you will definitely start liking her and then you guys will start getting to know each other at personal level too."

"When did you guys started planning this?" Vaish asked in a no nuisance tone.

"One year back." Her dad replied and both Vaish and Abhay mentally face palmed themselves. They looked at the elders to explain it further.

"When we first talked to you about settling one year back, before you started your own company, we were searching for an eligible partner for you and so was Pooja ji. She heard many praises about you and we met privately and discussed about you guys. You guys were so similar in your personality, habits and thoughts that we knew that you will make a perfect couple." Smita explained and Vaish felt the ground beneath her feet shaking.

It started so long back!

"Then why didn't you talk to me clearly about it? And why you sent me on all those dates?" Vaish asked curiously.

"We tried to talk to you clearly daughter dearest, but you being you used your smart technique of starting your own business just to get away from the marriage talks! And in that moment I knew that you will not agree in simple way and we have to make some efforts.

All those dates were just to distract you from figuring our original plan. I always knew that you will ditch the guy in the end as none of them were your match. That's why I never took your pranks with your dates seriously neither did I forced you to go out with the same guy again.

I know my daughter well enough to know what to do in order to make you agree. Your father didn't agree to it initially and so we have to delay the next step of our plan."

"Next step?" Vaish asked.

"Calling you to Mumbai. The unknown call that you received few months back; asking you to come in Mumbai for finding software designer, I was the person on other line." Pooja replied. 

"Asking Abhay to meet a girl for marriage proposal was useless as he was running away from it always so I thought to introduce you to him professionally."

"So this whole business proposal was just to make me meet Abhay and not because of my business skills?" Vaish asked in a disappointed tone and Pooja immediately came forward.

"No Vaish. Never think like that. I never mix my personal and professional life and I will never do such thing to you or to my company which my grandparents established. My company was really looking forward to this project and we were surprised when you submitted your company's name. But I wanted the decision to be unbiased so the whole project was analysed by our committee of trustees and important shareholders. They didn't know about your relation with Abhay. You won the project fair and square because of your own capabilities." Pooja clarified and Vaish took a breath of relief.

"But it's true that I have one personal hidden agenda behind watching you for this project." Pooja added and Vaish's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I know that Abhay is never going to take over my position. So I want you to take over our company one day and that's why I was observing you carefully in your presentation." 

Pooja added and everyone looked shocked at her revelation except for Abhay who for the first time in the entire conversation smiled proudly for his Fireball.

"But I'm not ready nor am I capable." Vaish said.

"It's not going to happen right now. You have few years before that. Your dad and I will help you in your journey but I'm telling you right now so that you know what your final destination is. I have seen your capabilities Vaish and I have seen Priya Di's face in yours and I trust you to be able to do this. Besides Abhay will be with you always to help you." Pooja said and Vaish just nodded still feeling dazed at all the revelations.

"How did you know about our drunken marriage? I mean how did you guys plan it?" Abhay asked as Vaish was still absorbing the big piece of information that was dropped earlier but her eyes snapped back to reality after listening to his question.

"First you tell us, how did you both know about our plan? We didn't leave any hints, right?" Vishal asked and Vaish took a long breath before going back to the flashback. 

***

SO... It started so long back... Remember the first chapter of this book where Vaish's parents talk about her for the marriage for the first time? That was when it all was started!

This is also the reason why her mom never took her pranks with her dates seriously because she knew that they were not her daughter's match (; 

To tell you the truth, some guys really liked Vaish despite all her pranks but our mommy dearest made sure that none of them comes close to her!!

SO you see that she was not sending her daughter for dates but actually distracting her... Smart momma (;

And Vaish is gonna take over a big company in future... Wohoo... Our girl is on fire!

Next chapter is the flashback when our couple got to know about the truth ...

SO stay tuned and keep on voting and commenting (:

PS: The book is gonna end soon, so if you want to see any scene between couple please tell me here, I will try and include it but writing a marriage won't be possible as I'm really bad at that... and As always, No Epilogue (: