23. Bet

Enjoy reading (:

__________________________________

Vaish saw him looking in her eyes and immediately regretted not wearing lens.

Because now he could see her vulnerability. She felt like she was exposed; stripped of all her secrets and he soul bare for him to see.

She should feel scared but she wasn't. In fact she was feeling more confident than ever like she was being freed of all her burdens.

"You said you were being coward. Are you done with your self loathing and lamenting?" She asked now feeling confident and a little amused.

"Yes. I'm done." He replied in an amused tone.

"Good." She replied.

"Indeed Good because I don't want be the boyfriend who is busy worrying about himself; forgetting his awesome as hell girlfriend." He casually said and her eyes widened.

She was happy that moment. So much so that she was about to jump on him and kiss him like their is no tomorrow.

But then another feeling came.

Guilt.

For hiding her Vegas marriage.

She so badly wanted to tell him about it, to ease all her burdens but she didn't know what to say. What will he think of her.

An immature fool who got into drunken marriage?

That was not what she wanted him to think about her.

But she can't even lie. It would be wrong especially after he opened about his past which was a big thing for him.

Abhay saw the happiness in her eyes, which was soon replaced by... guilt?

Then he realised that she might feel guilty because she promised Arjun to give him a chance.

Damn. He was late but he can't give up.

"Listen I know its fast for you and I kind of heard that you promised to give Arjun a chance but..."

"No!" Vaish screamed. "It's not that. I promised to give him a chance to be my friend but I can never look at him in any other way. It's just not possible and I made that clear to him." Vaish cleared his doubt and Abhay took a breath of relief.

"Then why are you feeling doubtful? Because I know that I am not the only one who is feeling all these emotions." He asked.

"I...I.." Vaish tried to find some words but can't explain and Abhay understood her hesitation as the need of wanting some time.

"You want some time?" He asked.

"I am having some other commitments right now." She said and closed her eyes, praying that he understands her.

She wanted to concentrate on her project and complete it without any worries. It was less than one month left for that.

And as much as she wanted to forget everything and think about her personal life she can't.

Her primary purpose for coming to Mumbai was for the project. Although she can't be thankful for the blessing she has got in form of Abhay.

She decided to confess her truth to Abhay on the day when they will be submitting the project. Because that day she would be free to think about herself.

She will tell him truth about her drunken marriage. Then it depends on him and what he wants.

But one thing was for sure that she was going to get a divorce from that marriage because if not Abhay than no one else.