0 - Prologue

In the dark, you saw a light flickering. Your body, feeling slightly warmer by its presence, like when you'd go out into the sunlight after being in the shade for a long time. Reaching out to the unusual source of light, you felt your skin tingle with the warmth the closer you got to it. You silently chuckled to yourself, smiling as if you knew what was going to happen. Suddenly, you heard a voice.

"... My fate shall be your sword. If you will submit to this will and this reason... Then answer!"

You opened your eyes, and you looked in front of you.
Lights, not torches lightened with flames, but bulbs with a yellow light emitting from them with walls made of a rich brown oak. The air temperature was a comfortable one, where one can be at ease in. You looked all over; the ceiling had beams of wood from the top of the wall to the highest point of the ceiling to hold it, the floor was made out of white oak which creaked with ease, the table behind you was packed with parchments and rocks with runes over them. Finally, you looked at the human who was standing with their arms crossed, like if waiting for you to notice them.

"You are my Master, I assume?" you questioned.

A man, muscled and built with a serious face, his green eyes looking at you as if he wasn't sure if you were even real, was standing outside of what seemed like a summoning circle of some sort that you were currently in. "Yes..."

An awkward silence appeared between the both of you.

"Koniyo Tomu!" he blurted out. You looked at him, confused. "My name... it's Koniyo Tomu. You can just call me Koni if it's easier," he said as he bowed down, his short brown hair being finally seeable.

You laughed softly, raising your hand in apology quickly after laughing. "Sorry, you seemed a little scarier at first glance."
'He's like a... a big teddy bear of some sort,' you thought to yourself.
"But nice to meet you, Koni. I'm Saber."

"Saber... S-Saber?! Wait, I successfully summoned a Saber?" He scoffed with joy. "Oh God, I did it!"

Stepping out of the circle you appeared in, you continued to smile. "Congratulations, I suppose? You must be a pretty good mage if that's the case, right?"

You saw him blush a little. "That's exaggerating and overestimating..." Koni answered while scratching the back of his head. Coughing a little before straightening up, he smiled at you. "So, shall we get down to business, Saber?"
You nodded in approval.

~✨~✨~✨~✨~

"So you're saying that only one more servant remains before the Holy Grail starts?" You asked.

"Indeed. From what I've heard, Berserker, Rider, Assassin, Caster, Archer and now you have been summoned so far. So that means..."

"Lancer is the one remaining." You said, finishing Koni's sentence. Noticing you interrupted him, you raised your hand in apology. He chuckled and sat on the couch that was beside the table full of parchments that you saw earlier. He did a kind gesture for you to sit down beside him, and you accepted, sitting on the sofa.

"If you don't mind me asking..." The man started, "... have you been summoned before in the past? If so, have you won a Holy Grail War? I'm just asking because I'm curious. I'm not doubting you or anything!" He blurted out, worried you took it the wrong way.

Smiling, you explained, "It's quite alright. Yes, I've been summoned multiple times. I've won once, and I was a Saber. I say that since I was summoned as an Assassin before, but Saber always was my strong suit."

"O-Oh! Well, what did I expect. Sabers are known for being strong."

You chuckled at his statement, sighing. Thinking about the past, you tried to recall battles fought against Lancers. Ever since the mention of the last Servant, lost memories itched at your brain, and you wondered if you'd find the forgotten person from before...

A noise, like an alarm, started ringing. You stood up, ready to start fighting at any moment. Koni looked at you."Saber, it's okay."

"What was that sound?"

"A message came in."

You blushed a little of embarrassment. "O-Oh... Pardon."

"It's okay, but are you ready?"

You looked back at your Master, confused. "Ready for...?"

He laughed, like if mocking you.
"For a damn Holy Grail War, what else?"

Hence, commenced the War. The message Koniyo Tomu received was one that indicated that Lancer has been summoned. Both you and your Master prepared for the coming battles, physically and mentally. You, however, had a good feeling about this war. You already looked forward of seeing this newly summoned Lancer.

The Sixth Holy Grail War of Fuyuki has now started.