20 - The Wish

The moment he touched the ground from descending the stairs, he immediately started to go up and take refuge upstairs. You pulled him back down, and he frowned. You gazed at the woman, and instantly recognized her even through her unnatural behavior.
"Ah, Lancer..." the female voice started, rising from the chair she sat on.
"I'm in no mood to talk to you." He coldly said.
"You... You never are—"
"So, do you get the message, or is your panicked side too worked up to understand when someone does not want to see you?" He bluntly asked, clearly wanting to leave the area.
"Please, just listen to me..."
Right before he could retort, you elbowed him in his side, frowning in anger at him, and he shut himself up.
The female, now sitting back down at the table facing Diarmuid, hugged herself like if she was cold, but the temperature in the room was warm. "I know I did the worst thing possible... I know I should've been more patient... I know I made a mistake that you will never forgive. I don't know what to say to make you understand, but I panicked.. Please know, I will do anything to try and have your forgiveness. Nowadays, I haven't been myself because this has been eating away at my brain."

She was right. The usual her that you knew was an energetic, loud, smiling and laughing little girl in a young adult's body. She would only frown or look down for a moment, and instantly move on to be as positive as she ever was. Now... she was the exact opposite. Shy, quiet, a saddened expression on her face and the visible stress gnawing at her spirit through the bags under her eyes. You felt extremely bad for her, but you knew why Diarmuid was so mad at her. She did the one thing he asked not to do. You looked at him, awaiting his answer. 

He sighed as he felt the pressure of your gaze on him. "Do you think it's easy to pardon someone who did what you did, Master." He said the last word with a tinge of disgust.
"I told you, just Ayuna is okay.. and I-I know, but please..!" She was begging at this point.
He stayed silent and you nudged his arm.
"You better answer, she's waiting."
He silently growled in anger and inhaled deeply. "Fine. You have my forgiveness. But don't think I'll 'Forgive and Forget'."
A huge smile emerged on Ayuna's face and she got up, bowing very low. "Thank you so much, you don't know how much this is a relief for me."
"Hmph." He simply added before the room became silent.

Koniyo, once again, appeared out of nowhere and looked at everyone. "Is everything good now?"
Everyone nodded, looking at each other to make sure if they were right.
"Okay, well, I made some supper. We can talk over the details as we eat."

~~

After almost 10 minutes, you counted you could've died (once again) countless times by choking on your food as you ate. Each time, you drank an almost full glass of water. And each time, Diarmuid stopped explaining the wish he made for the both of you and worried about you. He gazed at you.
"Do you want to continue later? You seem pale—"
"Nope. I'm-" you coughed, then gently pounded your chest to try and get the inexistant piece of food out of your throat. "I'm clearly fine. Just, can you resume the whole of it; what you said until now?"
The spearman nodded, taking a piece of his meal.

"Moments after the Grail appeared, I wished for a time where me and you could live in piece; no war, no masters, no servants, no contract. Since the Holy Grail is an omnipotent being, I thought that could be easily done. But, it has its rules and, in the end, it did what I asked, but only for a limited time. The wish it gave me— it gave us, has its details.
"First, we no longer have Masters. Koniyo and Ayuna no longer have Command Seals and we are in a contract no longer. For the mana supply, the Grail is giving us the needed mana to stay formed in this world." (Here was the first time you choked on your food.)
Both brother and sister alike showed their hand that should've held the Command Seals, and nothing was there.
"Second, even without Masters, we still have our Servant powers even though now we don't technically name ourselves as one." (There was the second time you choked on your meal.)
"Third,— the one I like the least— we have a limited time for the wish. 6 months in this world is our maximum time before we go back into the Grail's roster, and get chosen for another war." (At this time, you choked on your water as you tried to calm down from the second time.)
"There's also small other details that I can explain along the way, but yeah, that was the main things..." He trailed on as he saw you rubbing your temples with your index and major finger.
"Yeah... okay. Wow..." You managed through sighs.

"Also, you probably need a place to stay, since I know you won't like staying with us for 6 months... I'll let you both live in my apartment in the meantime! I'll live with my wittle bwother~" Ayuna poked Koniyo's cheek several times and you could see veins popping out from his forehead.
"But we don't have any money to pay the appartement." You said out loud.
"I'll pay for it until you both can find your jobs! Don't worry! I saved up for an emergency if it ever happened." She winked at you both, but you knew it was more at you than at Diarmuid.
"Thank you so much, Ayuna." You lowered your head.
She waved her hand. "I said don't worry about it! Plus I know you two want your little privacy..." she silently giggled weirdly until Koniyo slapped her from behind the head.
"I don't think I can stand her alone for 6 months. You guys better come visit to help me out mentally." Your former Master sighed.
"THAT HURT YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Ayuna yelled at her brother as she rubbed behind her head.

You all laughed together except Ayuna, and you gazed at the siblings. Ayuna was back to her loud, crazy and energetic self, and Koniyo had slowly changed throughout your war together. Remembering the first encounter with him made you chuckle on the inside. His well built figure, all intimidating and serious, turned out to be a soft man who wants the best for his close ones. And with time, he became closer and friendlier with you. Ayuna as well; she was so loud and absolutely energetic, you felt overwhelmed at first, but she just wants to make everyone smile.
And then, Diarmuid came into the picture. Who knew such a serious-looking spearman who is into chivalry and a fair fight, could be so gentle, so nice and charming. Who knew this sexy looking man could be both hot and adorable. The moment you saw him, you basically fell in love. But that wasn't because of his love spot, no... That was because your heart decided he was the one you wanted to love...
You ignored it, but he always seemed so familiar, like you saw him in the past before. You completely forgot about it until your mind gave you that reminder. However, you shook it aside. Who cares if you saw him before; what matters is that he's with you now, and will be for the next 6 months.

This war past by so fast. It seemed like it only happened for a moment, and then everything ended.
Your encounter with Ayuna and Diarmuid in the library...
The first battle against Assassin and his siren-like Master...
Berserker and her Master behind the school...
That egoistic Archer, with the siblings who captured you and Koniyo...
Your training with Koni's friends...
Your battle with the man you love...
And your resurrection.

You wished in your head that you will never forget this war. Since this was one damn special battle.
Even through the worst of times.
Having a war together with the Tomu siblings and Dia was a time of your Servant life that you hoped not to forget.
You could almost say...

You chuckled at yourself, hugging Diarmuid's arm as you watched Ayuna still rage against Koniyo. The spearman leaned his cheek on your head, also watching the hilarious show in front of you both.

"You could almost say..." you trailed on.
"Hm?" Diarmuid questioned.

"You could almost say that this wasn't a war together, but...

Our War Together.