18 - The Last Battle

"Let us have a fair fight! One on one, our blades representing our will and honor."
You smiled at the spearman before you, seeing a smile return to you.

"I'll take care of Ayuna." Koniyo said behind you, gazing at his sister.
You nodded, fixing your grip on your weapons.
"And, Saber..." you gazed at your Master. "... Please don't hesitate. If you do, I don't want to use–"
"It's okay, Master. I won't." You gave him a quick wink of reassurance and he scoffed, smiling.
'"Please don't hesitate", huh? Yeah, please don't, [Y/N]." You said to yourself in your mind.

Looking back at Diarmuid, you nodded at him. In an instant, he vanished. Your gut feeling told you to bring your blades up to your chest, in an 'X'. You did so, and successfully stopped the sudden attack of his red spear as he reappeared in front of you, smirking. Squatting down to get momentum to jump over his head, you attacked him as you landed behind the man. Dodging, he turned around and clashed blades with you.

Sounds of the metal's friction filled your ears. You felt your adrenaline running through you. Multiple feelings rose as you fought.
Joy.
Pleasure.
Excitement.

But also...
Stress.
Fear.
Sadness.
The mix of feelings made you confused for a moment, but you shook it off. Focusing on the battle at hand, your weapons still clashed at one another. But once again, your thoughts drifted off. Before before yesterday, you had came back from fighting Archer. Then the next day, you spent it together, the both of you. And that night... that night together...

"Saber!! Wake up!"
You got back to reality from your Master's shout throughout the pouring rain, barely missing Diarmuid's slash. Instead, it had cut strands of your hair. But then you noticed, you haven't even flinched to dodge it...
...He purposely missed.
"[Y-Y/N]..." he said faintly, frowning. "Please don't do that."
He was right in front of you, his face close to yours, mouth close to your ear. Feeling his breath as he tried to relax his breathing pace from all the fighting tickling your ear, you felt shivers crawling up your spine. You felt the urge of hugging him tightly, feeling his arms around your waist, his body against yours, his kisses on your skin. You blushed, trying to chase those thoughts away.
"Lancer! Kill her already! What are you doing?!" Ayuna yelled out.
"Saber, stop standing there, fight back! Don't make me use my—"

"I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME, MASTER. You don't NEED TO." You angrily shouted back.
You saw your Master take a step back, shocked.  Ignoring his reaction, you turned to Diarmuid, who was shocked as well, not as much as Koniyo, but still nonetheless. The sudden rage that built up started to disperse.
"I'm... I'm sorry..." you tried to say, but it ended up as a faint whisper.
He took a step back. "[Y/N], if we don't fight normally, they'll... they really will use their Command Seals. Please, don't let them. Please..." Your eyes locked their gaze with his sad golden ones. From the growing sparkly reflection visible in his irises, you saw he was trying not to break down.

"That's it! I'm sorry Lancer, this isn't part of your honor and shit code, but I'm getting sick of this waiting game!"
A red light filled the area. You covered your eyes with your hand, slowly taking it down after the light faded away.

"No... No no no please no." you whispered to yourself, putting your hand against your mouth. You felt tears well up in your eyes. Your view was too painful to watch.

Diarmuid had dropped his spears to the ground, brought himself closer to his torso like a ball, wrapping his arms around his stomach, letting out heaving breaths and grunts of denial.
"Agggghn... No... Damn it... Please not like this... Master please!! Take it back! I was going to do it on my own! Please!" He looked at Ayuna, who was covering her own mouth with her hand, trying her best to stay calm. With your sensitive hearing, you could heard a faint 'What have I done' from her.
He started to shake, his voice being shaky as well. "No... I don't want to do this..." he managed. Suddenly, he got himself in control, or so you thought, taking up his spears. You were several meters away from him at that point, and he started to walk towards you at a slow pace.