2 - A Meeting and a View

The following day, it was 'Finally Saturday' like your Master said. You looked at the clock, "12:37pm..." you said to yourself. You decided to softly knock on the door of his room, "Koni?".
You heard groaning from the other side of the door. "Yeah yeah, 5 more minutes..." he groaned. You silently chuckled and headed to the kitchen, looking at what you can make for breakfast. Although you remembered that you weren't the best at cooking, you decided to do something simple for Koniyo.

~~

You saw your Master walk slowly towards the kitchen table. "What are you doing, ...uh... Saber?"
You put down a plate with a glass of milk beside it. The mage looked at the plate, "Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Really?"
You shrugged. "Why not? I made myself one and I find it tasty. Plus it's easy to do."
There was a silence, then a couple of snickers and chuckles from the both of you. He started eating it, and raised his finger, like if he remembered something.
He finished his bite. "By the way, we're meeting with my sister today to make an alliance of some sort. We're supposed to talk over all the details."
"You mean, the one who attacked you yesterday? Ayuna?" you asked, unsure.
"Yeah. She might seem... unreliable and very immature, but she's strong and dependable at the weirdest of moments." he said, chuckling to himself.
"And where are we holding this... meeting?"
The doorbell rang. Once, twice, then multiple times over and over.
"YEAH, I GOT THE MESSAGE." Koni yelled, finishing the sandwich you made for him, walking towards the front door.
You could hear a little bit from behind the same door. "Geez, don't have to yell at me. And they say the oldest are the grumpiest."
"If you say so, Master."
"Gah just call me Ayuna for the millionth time."

You finally realized. 'Oh, here... and Lancer is here too, no surprise.... so why am I so surprised, what..' you questioned yourself in your head. As they entered, Lancer walked behind his Master.
"No need for introduction, I suppose?" you said, clearing your thoughts and reclaiming your composure. Your Master shook his head.
"Lancer." Ayuna started, "Please tell Saber about yesterday. I'll do the same with this grumpy brother of mine." she giggled. Lancer nodded.
"I swear..." Koni growled.
The other Servant grabbed your hand and brought you outside, jumping onto the roof of the house. You looked at him confused. He sat down beside the chimney and did a sign for you to sit down beside him. You did so.
"So, what was your Master talking about? What happened?" you asked, looking at him.

His eyes were so beautifully golden, looking at the view before him. Most of it was just trees, nothing really interesting except that, it was actually pretty relaxing. The small breeze made your hair sway a little, and made his lock of hair that was in the middle of his face move to the side. He changed his gaze up to the sky. "We saw another servant right after we departed from the public area we first met. He wasn't shy to yell out his name, that's for sure."
"Which one was it?"
"A Rider class Servant." he chuckled, thinking about it again. "His entrance was... flashy. Literally, lightening bolts came out of a bright blue sky with no clouds." He got into a pose, like if copying a bulky man with no shame. "'I am Iskandar, a Rider class Servant!'..." he started laughing softly, "I was surprised, but my Master laughed a long time after his entrance. Because of her, I laughed as well. However, not as long." He closed his eyes for a moment, leaning back, then gazing at you, like if searching for your reaction.
You simply giggled. "Is that so? Well, I kinda look forward for this 'Iskandar'. I wouldn't say reckless, but... he's got nothing to hide and has no shame, well, so far from what I know." You looked back at him. He smiled, and so did you.
You shook your head a little bit, like getting out from a moment deep in thought. "S-So, is that the only thing?"
He shrugged. "Pretty much, unless if you want to know my Master's horrible, but I mean, reeeeaally horrible jokes."
You both laughed. "Nah nah I'll pass, thanks."
"Oh wait, I almost forgot. Since we're going to be allies for a while, my Master ordered me to tell you, well, my real name." he said, a little unsure.
"Wait, what? Seriously?"
"I'm not 100% with her on that note, but she is my Master.."
You thought to yourself, 'I didn't even tell my own Master my real name... Well, if he didn't ask me, he should probably have a good reason.'
"Diarmuid Ua Duibhne." he stood up, and bowed in front of you, holding out his hand when finally getting back up.
You hesitated, but decided to also stand up, "[y/n]. [y/n] [l/n]." you also bowed down, and held his hand when you got back up.
"I suppose this actually fulfills our alliance, [y/n]." he scratched the back of his head, smiling.
"I suppose it does, Diarmuid." you chuckled softly.
His soft smile, that one mole under his eye, his lock of black hair, and firm grip onto your hand, you really felt like you remembered him from somewhere, but you couldn't put your finger on it.

"Saber! Eyo, Saber! Come here, we got extra information to give to the both of you!" Koni yelled out below on the ground.
Going to the bottom of the roof, Diarmuid handed out his hand, smiling warmly. "Ladies first."
You took his hand, giggling, and jumped down. He jumped down behind you and you both entered the house.

~~

Koni sat out some paper onto the kitchen table, where you and Lancer sat on the kitchen chairs on the opposite side of where him and Ayuna were standing.
"So we now know a couple of the Servants. The Rider class, Iskandar, made his appearance yesterday in front of you," he looked at Lancer "and... and Ayuna!"
She turned around, a piece of chocolate in her mouth. She closed the fridge. "Whaaat? I'm eating! God, I can't eat now?"
"Can you please just concentrate."
She nodded, secretly rolling her eyes. "Yes mother- O-Ow!!" Getting punched by Koni on the shoulder, she came closer to see the parchments on the table. "Sorry, sorry.."
Both you and Lancer silently giggled at the scene.
"As I was saying, we know Rider, and I also got news from a friend of mine who spies the other Servants of the war, that there's a crazy woman Berserker. If he had to guess, it would be most probably Frankenstein, but that isn't for sure. Berserker's Master is unknown. My friend also found signs of mana circles around my school." He looked at his sister.
She raised her hands. "Not me."
He continued. "If it isn't you, that means someone, most probably, inside the school is a mage too. Apart from that, there hasn't been anything happening yet, although I'm sure that this peace won't be held for long."
You nodded in agreement.
"Is that it? I want more chocolate-"
Koni inhaled slowly.
"Nevermind. Nevermind I said nothing." Ayuna quickly said.
He exhaled.
"Well, since I can't get any chocolate, I'm staying over for the night. Lancer too! I'm taking the spare room!" As she said that, she quickly ran to the stairs that brought you to the second floor, where the spare room was.
"I swear, how can she be older than me.." your Master sighed in desperation.
You pat his shoulder, giggling.

~~

After supper, that was held pretty late in the night, you and Lancer were back on the roof, looking out onto the view again, sitting beside each other. "It's even prettier at night..." you said softly.
Diarmuid nods. "Yeah, you're right."
Your eyes started to get heavy. The spearman looked at you, a little worried.
"Are you okay?"
"Y-Yeah... Just... Just my eyes that are getting heavy.."
He goes from being surprised, to having a compassionate smile on his face. Hesitating, he finally gently laid your head onto his shoulder, a little bit of pink flushing into his cheeks. You blushed as well, but you're too tired to really care. You both looked at the view. He whispered "It really is a nice scenery..."
You closed your eyes, drifting to sleep.

"... with you." he finished his sentence.