8 - Classmates

"Call for me if you ever need me. I'll be on the roof." you said to your Master at the entrance of his school.
He nodded. "Will do."
You saw him walk off through the gate, then running towards the building infested with teenagers. Already dematerialized, you walked to the side of the same building, jumping onto the roof. You looked around, feeling another Servant's presence nearby, however the feeling was familiar.

"Boo."

You turned around, your face becoming pale as you materialized. "W-Wha..."
Diarmuid laughed at you, becoming visible. "That reaction was priceless."
"S-Shut up, would you!?" you blurted out, inhaling and exhaling slowly to reclaim your calm.
He smiled and sat on the side of the edifice, his legs in the open air.
"Your Master, she's doing as she said yesterday?" you asked.
He nodded, his lock of hair moving as his head did. "She's walking around the school to look for any other hints of magic circles."
You stood beside him, not sure if you should say something to break the silence or just stay as silent. He motioned you to sit next to him. Hesitating, you did so. You sighed, a little of relief and a little of boredom. You looked at Lancer beside you, and he was giggling silently.
"That reaction was funny, a little cute too..." he said to himself.
You blushed. "Hey! Stop it!" You ended up giggling with him.

=•=•=•=•=
Koniyo's POV

I went to my classes while secretly investigating my surroundings. People, any signs of magic, objects, mostly everything. My best friends, Minaku Itori and Tazushii Ejirō, were the only close people that I knew who were mages excluding my family. Neither of them were Masters.
Minaku was an optimistic girl who'd never let a single negative thought through her mind, smiling whenever she could. She was a strong mage, only thing is that she easily got distracted and liked to act like if she was a Servant, and I sometimes hated her for that since she really made me cringe. The Itori Mage line was not very known, but multiple generation of mages in her family had participated in Holy Grail Wars.
Tazushii, on the other hand, was a shy, antisocial guy. He liked to keep to himself while leaving Minaku in the spotlight so he could flee and hide. However, when it came to mage-related things, his shyness and antisocial-ness disappeared, and he was a pretty strong mage. In this war, he was the "friend" that I had been talking about who gave me information about the war. Since he was good at hiding and keeping a low profile, he was great with spying.

Basically, our little friendship was like a "battle team", or so Minaku said. I was the 'healer', she was the 'tank' and Tazushii was the 'damage-dealer'.

It was finally lunch break, so we went in the library in the secret part where only we know existed; a door which was hidden behind a bookshelf leading into a room with a table and some chairs. We made sure nothing was in it and did a spell to make the room soundproof, so no one could hear our conversation from outside.

"Do you two have any assumptions on who might be another mage in the school?" I asked as we sat down on the chairs.
Minaku took a bite of her sandwich. "Well, *nom* I had my doubts on *nom* Ryuuko. She seems really damn *nom* shady nowadays."
"I find Yokishima more suspicious." Tazushii replied.
"Doesn't he always seem like he wants to kill someone?" the girl retorted.
"Doesn't Ryuuko always seem like she wants to murder someone too?"
"Ah damn, good point." she chuckled.
I shook my head. "Guys, focus."
They both looked at me and nodded.
"Apart from Ryuuko and Yokishima, everyone seems okay." the other guy said to himself, thinking.
"Ok, well, just look at the two we mentioned and make sure they don't do anything suspicious. And if they are a Master, tell us before you do anything." I sighed.
"Yes *nom* sir!!"
"Okay.."
Our conversation after that was pretty much boring, school related stuff. I had gotten a message from my sister, Ayuna, on my phone.

NEW MESSAGES
Ayuna: Koko! I went around your school and found two other signs. If I had to guess, all of these mana circles are connected, making a sort of barrier. It's for either draining everyone's life force that's inside this barrier, or stopping time. If it's stopping time, only mages are able to freely walk the stopped space, I think...
Ayuna: ANYWHO, I'm gonna be looking for a bit longer, or probably gonna get myself some MgRonald's. Don't die! (~^3^)~
Love, your Onee-chan!

I shook my head. 'I told her to stop calling me Koko, damnit.' I thought to myself.
"Kooooooniiiii, the bell rang, we should get to class." Minaku tried to get my attention.
I got up, packed my stuff and finished my lunch, walking with them. "Minaku, look at Ryuuko, and Tazushii, look at Yokishima. I'll be on the look out generally." We all nodded and went to our classes. Tazushii is in class 2-B with Yokishima, when me and Minaku are in 3-B with Ryuuko.

As the next class started, which was English, I spaced out for a moment.
"Mister Tomu!" the teacher said.
I got up, and got out of my haze. "Yes?"
Ryuuko was to my left, looking at her books. Minaku, two seats behind me, was gazing at the girl beside me. I was awaiting my teacher's response, but he stood silent. Everyone else was awfully quiet as well.
"Ah- um... Sensei?" I asked.

And no response.

Minaku got up, and so did Ryuuko.
"Koni... I have a bad feeling." Mina whispered to me. Ryuuko went in front, and poked the teacher, and he turned into dust.
"Tsk. He was just too damn impatient." she said to herself. She pointed at me, and fire lit her finger. "Mage or Master?"

"MASTER, MOVE!" I heard Saber yell out. In an instant, I got pushed away from my original spot...
...and collided with the wall at the back of the class.

=•=•=•=•=•=
Original POV

"MASTER, MOVE!" you yelled out.
You pushed your Master away from his place, pushing him at the back of the class.
Ryuuko shot a flame bullet at Minaku, but she protected both herself, you and your Master with a magical shield.
She looked at you for a second and smirked. You gazed at her, confused, but then back to your Master.
"Where's Lancer...?" Koniyo coughed.
"Helping his own Master. Supposedly they encountered Berserker."

Ryuuko in the background growled under her breath. "Damn him. He might as well be the damn Berserker. Ugh..." And with that, she disappeared.

"Minaku, go check on Tazushii. Make sure he doesn't do anything reckless. Call me if something's wrong." She did as your Master said, enhancing her legs with magic to make her faster and ran.
"Go to Lancer. Help him out. I'll be right behind you."
"Are you certain—" you started to ask.
"I said go!" he blurted out.
You nodded, and ran to where Diarmuid was, a little worried about your Master.

Koni had gotten up after yelling at you to follow his order. He leaned against the wall, sighing. He frowned. He felt something taking away his energy.
"Why do I feel... so damn tired... all of a sudden...?" he slid down against the wall, and fell onto the ground. Before passing out, he saw two shapes. One was a male with armor, another was a female, most probably Ryuuko.

"Treasure, I've got what you asked. Although, I don't understand your interest in this mongrel."

"As much as I give you my respect, my King, what I need from this person is none of your concern. Don't forget I am the reason why you're here. I am the one who summoned you."

"Yes, treasure, of course. I have a curious side, is all. I don't like that tone of yours though." he sighed. "Let's get this over with. I found another treasure I'd like to claim. Hmm.. I wonder...

..why do Sabers, in this war and the last, get my attention?"