Valentine's Day Special

The spearman told you to sit on the couch in the living room while he would go get something. As he came back, you gazed at him.
"Flowers?" You tilted your head in confusion.
Diarmuid nodded, bringing the pack of roses closer to your face. You could see his cheeks having a red hue to them.
"Ayuna told me its formal for men to bring flowers to their dear ones on Valentine's Day. So... Yeah. Here." he gradually spoke loudly to barely a whisper.
Finally remembering it was the day so called 'Valentine's Day', you understood the situation. You grabbed the bouquet of flowers and smiled at him. "I forgot." You silently chuckled at yourself. "Thank you, Dia."
Leaning down to peck a kiss on your cheek, he smiled back. "Of course..."

As he sat next to you, he silently sighed of relief.
"Was that a hard task or something?" You asked, giggling.
"A task is a thing; being rejected when giving something indicating oneself's love is another." He slightly smiled in amusement.
"Aww, you were worried I'd reject you? That's adorably funny."
"You find it funny? I was panicking, just so you know." He shook his head, hiding his laughter.
"The man who gets all the women after him because of his Love Spot below his eye... this man is afraid of rejection?" You laughed. "How could I not find it hilariously adorable?"
He hid his face in his hands. "Ugh... Why did I have a feeling you'd mock me..."

"Because you know that I love you. That's why."

You pecked a kiss on his temple as you saw him hide the blush creeping to his face. His ears didn't hide it well though. You laid the bouquet of flowers down onto the table in front of the couch. He looked up at you, and you smiled innocently.
He grabbed your cheek into his hand, your face reacting on its own as it nuzzled his palm. Dia chuckled, and brought your face closer to his.
He waited for you to turn to face him, and as you did, he locked your lips into a passionate kiss with his. Smiling, feeling your heart flutter, you brought your arms around his neck.

Your lips parted, and you both smiled at each other.
"This is what we're supposed to do on this Valentine's Day, right?" you smirked.
"This is what we're supposed to do every day, period." He softly giggled.
You laughed with him before taking his lips into another deep kiss. Moving yourself to sit on his lap, he ran his hands down to your waist, one holding you there and another rubbing your back.
Every time your lips connected, every time you felt his body near yours, your heart fluttered and your stomach felt butterflies appear when you aren't even stressed. You kept on asking yourself if this is what true love is. Not forced love, not a one-night stand, nor love for reputation or money; true, passionate and honest love. Where one loves the other, and the other loves one as much as the first one does, if not even more.

When the kiss ended, his face retreated into the crook of your neck. Perhaps this isn't the best situation to love another warrior... since you are in a war. Especially when the one you love is your supposed-to-be enemy.
Sighing, you ran a hand through his hair, slightly giggling at how a mess it is.

A cute mess.

That's what he is. A sometimes serious, especially in a war, but always will be a cute, adorable mess.

[A/N]
Hello Reader-chan!
I'm deeply sorry for the lack of updates. Work, studies, art and anime/manga has been taking up my time.

Happy Valentines Day! If you're lonely, don't worry, I feel you. Your inexistant waifus and husbandos are there to keep you company.

See you in the next chapter!
With love from yours truly,

elbora_