15 - Decisions

"Eat to your liking. I think I made too much, so there's left overs. I'm not used to cooking for more than two people, heh."

The table was infested with food. Eggs, bacon, bread, some pancakes and jugs of water, milk and chocolate milk. You could see Ayuna drooling beside you, looking at it all.
"Oh man... Bro, when did you learn how to cook? It seems amazingly delicious..." she continued to drool.
"I mean, I do- well.. did live alone. Of course I need to know how to cook for myself.." he said, sitting down beside Dia, who is infront of you.
"Thank you for the food!!" Ayuna quickly dug in first.

Lancer looked at you, smiling. He nudged his head towards the food, notifying you that you can serve yourself first. You did so, not being shy. You plate was filled with each type of food, same as his. You gazed at you Master to see his plate, and it was the same as yours, although he seemed more gloomy that he's supposed to be.

"So, I'll just get straight to the point. When are we doing the battle?" He gazed at his sister.
"Huh?" She chewed and swallowed what she had in her mouth. "We already finished all the battles. It's just us!"

The whole table went silent.

"Master..." Diarmuid said, looking and picking at his food.
"It's just... us.." she finally realized. "Oh. You mean... ah, right." she suddenly went as gloomy as her brother.
You peeked at the Servant in front of you, and you crossed gazes. He clearly didn't want to speak about this now. You gave him a reassuring smile, and he tried to give one back, but failed.

"How about after tomorrow?"

You and Lancer coughed on your food.
Even your Master was surprised. "T-That early?"
"Well, if we're going to fight, I want to get it over with." She bluntly said. "The rules are the same with the others I suppose? Both Servant and Master are vulnerable, and outsiders of the War are to not see."
"Yes. After tomorrow at 6:30pm. That sound good?"
"Yep."

While your masters talked about it all, you saw Diarmuid's emotions stir in his gaze. Clearly angry, but also very, very scared.
You touched his foot with yours, making him look at you. You put your hand under the table, and felt his fingers intertwine with yours.

"What do you mean you're going to stay here until tomorrow night?!" Koniyo exclaimed.
"Well, the battle is AFTER tomorrow, so no harm done! The day of the battle I'll go home to prepare for sure, but until then, let me relax won't you?"
"I'll let you relax, just not in MY home!"
"Ugh shut it, it's OUR home. Just because Mom and Dad said you can look after it doesn't mean I'm banned from the house." She finished her plate and ran up the stairs, laughing.
"AYUNA!" He ran after her, leaving his unfinished plate there.

When you were finally alone, you got up, letting go of his hand. You went beside him, crouching down. "Dia..."
"I don't want to do this."
You sighed. "Neither do I."
"Can't the Grail let us both win? Just like the movie we watched halfway with our Masters. They let both of them win before they ate the death berries. What was it again? Hungry Games..? Ah, no, the food on the table is mixing me up..."
"Diarmuid." You cut him off. He was clearly panicking since he started to ramble. "Calm down."
He took your face in his hands, looked at you for a while and pecked a kiss on your forehead. "I can't kill you. I won't be able to. If my Master decides to use a Command Seal, I don't think even that'll work. I... I lo—"
"I love you too." You smiled reassuringly. "Koni warned me not to get too attached... Guess I should've heeded his warning. But another side of me does not regret. Who else would I have to keep me company? To love me as you do?" Hearing yourself say this out loud made your cheeks burn a light red.
He picked you up, putting you on his lap as he sneaked his face in the crook of your neck. "I wish we could live like this without this damned War..." he whispered, loud enough for you to hear.
You hugged him tightly, the side of your head leaning against the back of his, fighting back tears. "It's after tomorrow... we have today and tomorrow to relax." You made it so you could look at him in his eyes. He was also fighting back tears as a little droplet of water rolled down his cheek. "Let's just forget about it until the time comes, understood?" you said, wiping his tear away without crying too.
He nodded, smiling as best as he could.
"God, you're adorable without knowing..." you grabbed his cheeks and kissed him passionately. He kissed back, holding you close.

You gazed at the window glassed door that led to the backyard. Big snowflakes were slowly falling, one after another into the already frozen ground.
"When's Christmas?" You asked.
"I think it passed a couple of days ago." he answered, always holding you close.
"Really? I thought it was soon. So we missed it, huh?"
He softly laughed. "I suppose so. Did you want me to buy a gift?"
"Oh no, I just thought we could've spent a relaxed day like the ones I see in shows and stuff. Drink hot chocolate on the sofa, watch television like couch potatoes, build a snowman maybe, or even look for mistletoes to stand under..." you smirked.
"I like the last idea." He pulled in for another kiss, and you giggled, kissing back.
You stood up, stretching. "I guess I'll start the hot chocolates—"
He got up, holding you back by the waist before you could walk off to the kitchen. "I can do it." He whispered in your ear, kissing your earlobe before going to the kitchen, preparing everything.
You blushed crazily. "Pfft.. Whatever..."
'At least he's in a better mood.' You thought in your head.

You both heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Damn you..." Koniyo growled. He held Ayuna on his back as she smiled.
"The moment I say anime, you always accep—"
"You dont have to put salt on the damn wound, Ayu."
"Hihi~ So, which one are we starting to binge watch?"
"Bleach."
"BUT ITS SO LOOOONG!" Ayuna let her head hang back, sighing.
"Fine, Naruto then." he smirked.
"Ah, well Bleach wasn't so bad..."

You giggled at them as Diarmuid gave you your cup with the rich brown liquid letting little puffs of steam.
"It's hot, careful." he winked at you in a joking way.
"Woah, I never thought it possible." you sarcastically retorted.

As your Masters sat on the couch commencing their marathon of binge watching 'Bleach', you blew on your hot chocolate, then taking a sip. It was amazingly good. "Thank you."
"You're welcome.." he kissed your temple before taking a sip himself.

Brother and sister alike, they both got caught up in the anime to the point they forgot your existence and what was reality. They only knew Soul Reapers and Bankai and bad ass Ichigo.
"Merry Late Christmas, [Y/N]." he softly said, making sure not to speak too loud to bother them. He leaned his backside against the kitchen counter.
"Merry Late Christmas, Diarmuid." you smiled, leaning against him as his arm wrapped around you, the other holding his cup.

—•—•—•—•—•—

[A/N]

"Merry Late Christmas, [Y/N]." Author-chan said as she finally gave you an update on this book.

I'm sorry if it took so long for this to update. I have been bombarded with Christmas parties on both my father's and mother's side.
At first, I wanted to do this as a normal chapter and have a Christmas Special apart. However, the more I try to follow that, the more I see I'll never finish them before New Year's. So here's a chapter with the small Christmas related theme!

I hope you all had a merry Christmas and you will have an amazing New Years. Let's all pray that 2019 will treat us well.

elbora_