17.1

Jackson

I was furious, staring at the articles that Jinyoung chucked into the bin. My manager had told me about JYP calling Jinyoung to stop him from his activities.

I tried to wrap up the last filming, worried about how Jinyoung would react. I had rushed back to the dorm to see him curled up in bed, frowning as he slept.

I had seen these articles sticking out of the bin and picked them up. I knew I shouldn't be reading these articles over and over again but they made me so mad. How could they write such mean things about him?

I sat down at his desk chair, my hand tangled in my hair as I scanned through article after article. Articles about his dressing, about him not participating, about him slacking off now. It hurt, seeing all this negativity and knowing that he read all these without my beside him.

I closed my eyes, propping my head with my elbow on the armrest. Why would they even show him these? When would I be able to show everyone our miracle? When would we ever truly be free?

~

"Seunnie?" I heard Jinyoung's soft voice, my eyes snapping open to see him blinking sleepily at me.

"What are you doing there? Come to bed" he whispered, propping himself up.

My heart thumped, seeing his lost expression, his expression so childlike that all I wanted to do was to shelter him.

"It's cold without you" he continued, tilting his head at me when I didn't respond.

I chucked the articles into the bin again, taking off my clothes until I was in my boxers. I snuggled him under the blankets, pressing little kisses everywhere.

"Every inch of you is amazing. Don't ever doubt that" I murmured, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Hmm?" he hummed, lifting his head to look at me.

"Those articles... I should have been with you. I don't like it when you're alone. Especially with these haters everywhere" I sighed, holding him close. If only protecting him was this easy.

"I don't care about those articles Seunnie. I'm more worried about you" he frowned, leaning back to stare up into my eyes.

"The thought of you having to handle all the schedules when you're in the middle of your own solo schedules... it worries me. I don't want anything to happen to you" he muttered, reaching up to rub the back of my neck.

"I'll be okay. It's you I always worry about" I sighed.

I watched as Jinyoung sat up, beckoning at me to sit up too. I sat up curiously, sitting cross legged in front of him.

"Come here" he murmured, tucking my head under his arm. I shut my eyes as he held my head to his chest, stroking my head repeatedly until I relaxed.

I listened to his heart beat, my head just above his bump. I pressed a kiss to his bump, smiling softly as his warmth surrounded me, making me feel so protected.

"No one and nothing else matters. All I need is you, here in my arms, warm and smiling back at me" he murmured, stroking my head still.

I couldn't help but smile at his words, feeling so loved in that moment. I lifted my head to look at him, my face still stretched in a ridiculous grin.

"Thank you love"

"You tend to overthink too. My overprotective husband" he laughed, covering his mouth while he stared back at me.

"That I am" I smiled, enjoying his crinkling eyes.

I tucked him back into my arms, the two of us laying down again. I hummed a random tune, pressing kisses to his temple while spooning him, my smile still on my face as I drifted off to sleep.

~

I quickly reached for my phone to shut my alarm off the next morning, peeking at Jinyoung after. Thank God it didn't wake him.

I took my jacket and draped it over his back and bump, pressing a kiss to his forehead before leaving to get ready.

I got drenched in the first filming for a variety show, the cold water waking me up fully. They gave me a towel after, my body shivering as the cold seeped in.

"Hyung. What schedule do I have on after this?" I sniffed, my nose running after.

"A photo shoot" he replied, looking up at me through the mirror.

"Okay. Thank you. I need you to do me a favour" I asked, leaning forward.

"What kind of favour?" he asked, sighing lightly.

"I don't want Jinyoung to worry about me. Please don't let him nor anyone know if I... if anything happens to me for now" I pled, squeezing my hands into fists.

My manager kept quiet, keeping his gaze on the road. I was about to repeat myself when he finally spoke up.

"I want you to be able to rely on me and let me know if you're unwell or if there's anything wrong. But okay. I get where you're coming from. I won't tell unless it's a serious thing" he nodded.

"Thank you hyung. Promise me?" I smiled, leaning forward to stick my pinky out to him.

"Yeah. Promise" he laughed at my childishness, pinky promising me anyway.

"Well then. My nose is running again. Do we have any of those little inhalers?" I smiled, thinking of them.

"I remember buying some. It should be in the back pocket of the passenger seat" he nodded.

I leaned forward to rummage through the pocket, smiling happily as I found it. I sniffed on it happily, feeling my nose clear temporarily.

"Thank you hyung"

~

My cold didn't let up even after a few days and I begun to feel a little feverish, probably due to the lack of sleep.

I tried my best to sleep more whenever we were travelling, my body feeling all achy. I tried to hide it, not wanting Jinyoung to know.

I held him tight every night before moving to sleep in my room, not wanting to spread any germs to him.

"Jackson ah. You've been sniffing for awhile... should you go visit the doctor?" my manager asked, giving me an one-over.

"I'll be fine hyung" I smiled, tugging him along to the van.

A/N: I know. This is late. SORRY. This is just part 1. I'll upload the other half after work :(

Swamped with work because it's closing month for the year and there some VIP visiting. Like. Why.

Thank you for even reading my little rant. Hope you all enjoyed part 1. Hang in tight for part 2! ❤️