20.

Jinyoung

I stretched as I woke, forgetting where I was and wincing when I felt my stitches stretch.

"Squish" Jackson panicked, his hands fluttering everywhere, stroking my face while lifting my gown slight to check under my top.

"I'm alright" I groan, blinking the sleep out of my eyes while waving him away.

"I'll call the doctor" he suggested quietly, wrangling his hands on the base of his shirt . I tugged him back beside me before he could walk away, shaking my head at him.

"I'm fine darling. I just stretched a bit" I smiled, lifting my shirt to show him.

He was quiet as he ran his fingers softly over the bandage, his eyes showing me how worried he was.

I cupped his face towards mine, trying to wipe the worry off his face using my thumbs. His eye bags were dark again, probably from the lack of sleep due to him worrying.

"Hey. Look at me. I'm really okay" I whispered, worried about him as well.

He blinked at me, looking so conflicted before nodding back at me with determination written all over his face.

"I promised to protect you. I promise to protect our child or children as well. I will" he said, continuing to nod.

"Children?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"We need a Junior" he smiled cheekily, earning a swat to his chest from me.

I heard some giggling and looked around to see our parents staring at our interaction, the blush creeping onto my face as I gripped the front of Jackson's shirt to cover my face.

I peeked at them after our parents laughed, turning their attention back to Jade, staring at her as she laid sleeping in her crib.

We were watching them coo at her when the doctor came in to do a few checks. He winced and reached for my hand while watching the doctor remove my drip.

"You can start taking some soup for now and real food from tomorrow onwards. We encourage you to move more over the next few days and your stitches would be fine with water and mild soap"

"That's great. Thank you" I smiled, squeezing Jackson's hand.

"Thank you" he nodded, standing up to bow at her.

"How are you feeling Jinyoung?" my mom asked, stroking my head as our parents crowded around us. Jackson squeezed my hand before letting go, getting up to push Jade's crib nearer.

"I'm alright mom" I smiled, chatting with our parents as they stroked my head. My attention skipped from our parents to Jade and Jackson, loving that my family was surrounding me. It still feels so surreal, my family.

"I brought you some soup" she smiled. Jackson's mom bringing out a huge bag of food as well, our mothers setting up a huge array of soup in front of me.

My jaw dropped, stunned by the amount of food that they prepared. I looked to Jackson for help, beckoning him with my eyes while he smirked at me in response.

Jade woke up then, her crying snapping his attention away. He quickly scooped her up in his arms, rocking her while getting her bottle.

My heart sped up, watching Jackson smile down at her. He looked so soft, his strong arms cupping her head and body so gently as he fed her.

My mom slipped her hand into mine, squeezing it and shooting me a glance while Jackson's mom slipped her arm around my shoulder, squeezing me to her side as the three of us huddled around and stared at Jackson.