Chapter Sixteen

Sin's car was warm. It smelled like cinnamon and the music was a low purr in my ear. It was the perfect place to fall asleep. I had to work like hell to force myself not to.

"Let's talk Legs." Sin said as he started the engine, quickly pulling out of the parking lot. My nerves were gone, replaced by my skin feeling as if it was on fire and my brain buzzing.

"Let's talk Sin." I agreed with a smile.

he sent me a hard look out of the corner of his eyes. "This bad girl shit, it needs to stop."

I nodded. "Yep."

He sighed. "I'm serious. You don't know Ian Black as well as you think you do. You damn sure don't know the guys he was hanging out with tonight."

I rolled my eyes "I know Ian pretty well Sin."

He pulled his eyes off of the road then, staring intensely into mine. "I guess you would." he said lowly after a few seconds of silence. "Be that as it may, I know things even you wouldn't know. Trust me."

I chuckled. "Right. Trust the gang member."

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "Dammit. Why do you have to be so difficult. I'm just trying to fucking look out for you."

I narrowed my eyes. "Why?"

His hand froze. "What?"

I turned unceremoniously in my seat. "Why are you all of a sudden obsessed with me Sin?"

He snorted. "Obsessed?"

I didnt let him distract me. "Yes obsessed. You never paid me any attention last year." I waited a beat. "When Kody was here."

His face didn't change, but I watched as his hands tightened on the steering wheel. "Who says I never paid you any attention?"

I scoffed. "I says. I would know wouldn't I? So unless you want to tell me what's going on," I took a deep breath hoping my bluff would work. "Pull over."

He shot me a look as if I wasn't completely serious. I mean, I wasn't but he didnt know that.

"I'm serious Sin. Pull the car over and let me out. I'll get a damn uber."

He pressed down on the gas causing me to lurch back in my seat. "That's just in case you get the dumb idea of trying to jump out of the car."

I clenched my fist before turning to him, eyes cool. "I said pull the car over."

He chuckled but he didn't look amused. "You're kind of sexy when you're mad Legs."

I was hoping he thought my red stained cheeks were from anger. I fell back in my seat taking a deep breath. "I really can't deal with you anymore Sin. It's too stressful."

He bit his bottom lip, distracting me for a bit before I continued.

"I really think you need mental help."

He laughed, throwing his head back and wiping fake tears from his eyes. "You're a laugh a minute Legs. Remind me to see a counselor."

I clenched my teeth together as he pulled into his driveway. He was treating me like some little kid and I didn't like it.

Deciding to beat him at his own game, I turned to him smiling softly. "You know what, I am tired Sin. So I actually appreciate the ride home."

He lifted his hands. "Thank you! Can a guy get a little appreciation every once in a while."

Happy that his guard was down, I unsnapped my seatbelt and leaned towards him. Slowly I grabbed the back of his head pulling his face close to mine.