Pt.13__To be Normal

[Y/N pov]

Hotteok?

I slowly look at Jin while hugging him. He's smiling. He looks so beautiful up close. There's no doubt he'll get a partner.

Y/N: You really made hotteok..?

J: Aha😊

He removed himself from the hug and went to the other side of the kitchen. He came back proudly holding a plate full of korean pancakes.

J: I made them because I thought the guys would like some homemade treats and I guess this is what I was craving as well😅. You want to try it?

I slowly nod and raise my hand for the plate. I take one and put it close to my mouth.

They smell the same

I close my eyes and take a bite. The filing spreads inside my mouth, filing it with honey and peanut harmony of tastes. It's so good.

They have the same taste.

I smile and take another bite.

I didn't even notice a tear rolling down my cheek. I taste it next to the corner of my mouth, then wipe it quickly.

Jin wasn't looking at me at the moment. Lucky. I don't want him to question me. He doesn't need to know.

J: So how is it?😃

He turns around and looks at me. He's smile seams to drop as he sees my teary eyes and sad smile.

J: Hey...you okay?

I nod not looking up.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm great. It's just that...this tastes just like my moms hotteok...I haven't seen her in such a long time. I guess it just brings back memories.

He nods, not totally believing my story, but he doesn't have a choice. I'm not telling him anything else. He doesn't need to know.

The boys are sitting outside on the blankets we laid on the grass. They are smiling, all of them. Big smiles, small smiles, but real smiles nonetheless.

Those smiles grow as they see Jin and me bringing the food. I'm handling the sandwiches and Jin has hotteok and crips.

We arrive at the same time as Taehyung who is bringing drinks and a bag that seems to be full with different staff.

RM: There you guys are. Come and sit down.

JK: Y/N sit here.

Y/N: Okay😊

I sit next to Jungkook who is sitting next to Jack. I have Jin on my left and Hoseok next to him. Than the circle goes to Suga, Taehyung, Jimin and RM, who is sitting next to Jack.

We put all the foods and drinks on the ground.

J: Let's dig in!

Everyone starts getting food and eating it. The boys talk and make jokes.

J-Hope seems hyper as ever and Suga isn't having any of it.

Jin and Namjoon started talking about mayo on sandwiches as if it's a topic that can save the world from starvation.

Jungkook and Jack started talking about some sort of game they are both playing. I don't get it but it sounds cool. I should give it a go one day.

I look at Jimin. He's happy. There's a small smile placed on his lips as he looks at the sky. His eyes seem to smile as the wind blouse across his face and the grass at his feet moves in its rhythm. He looks so happy and beautiful that I just want to protect him.