#5. Cookies and Macchiato

You got in your unit with Ryujin behind you. Ryujin closed the door and switched her shoes into a pair of pastel pink slippers. You walked towards the living room, dropped your bag and plopped on the couch with Ryujin beside you.

"What is it?" she asked as she looked at you.

"I felt bad," you mumbled while closing your eyes. "He looked disappointed when he did nothing wrong," you said.

Ryujin sighed, "You're shutting yourself too much. You're too embarrassed while he just wants to know you better,"

You groaned, "I should apologize," you said as you sat up straight. "But how?"

Ryujin poked your waist, "How about those famous cookies of yours?" she suggested.

You looked at her, "Should I?"

Ryujin nodded, "I'll help you make some," she said.

You smiled at her and nodded, "Okay. Let's go get some ingredients first,"

***

You waited in the living room as you watched the television. You heard the door next to your unit being opened and closed.

You got up and took a deep breath, "Okay. Here goes nothing," you said.

You walked towards the kitchen and grabbed the jar of cookies you just made. You walked towards the door and took a deep breath once again. You got out of the unit and closed the door behind you.

You walked towards your neighbor's door and knocked on it. You heard him telling you to wait as you took one last deep breath. You hugged the jar closer to you as wait for him.

The door opened and revealed an exhausted-looking boy. He smiled at you as you froze. Not a single word came out of your mouth, you were just too amazed by his features. Why did you just realize it now? His beautiful eyes covered with his beautiful freckles that looked like stars. It highlights his face that you couldn't stop looking at them.

"Hey, y/n," he said as he waved his hand a bit.

You tried to smile, "He-hey, sorry to bother you at this time, you must be tired," you said as you looked down at your feet.

Felix shook his head, "No, no. It's okay. So, is there something I can help?" he asked.

You lifted your head to look at his eyes, his calming eyes, "Well, it's- uhm- this is for you," you said as you hand him the jar of cookies you baked. "It's an apology for giving a bad first impression and also a welcome gift. It's chocolate chips," you said and he took the jar of cookies.

He looked at it with sparkling eyes while forming a wide smile, "I'm sorry for accusing you yesterday. I promise it won't happen again," you said convincingly.

Felix looked at you and smiled, "It's okay. It's understandable that at night you were walking alone with a stranger in full black right behind you," he said as he chuckled. "Thank you,"

You gave him a quick smile, "Well, that's all I want to say. Goodnight," you said before turning your body around to get into your unit.

"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow," you heard him replied before you closed the door.

You threw your back on the door as you cupped your hot cheeks. You were so embarrassed that you still couldn't face him at the moment. You'll probably have to go to work earlier again.

***

"So you already gave him the cookies but still too shy to talk to him?" asked Ryujin the next afternoon.