#6. The Start

"So, have you eaten yet?" asked Felix as you locked the door of your shop.

You turned around to face him, "Nope. I usually order deliveries," you said. "How about you?" you asked as both of you started walking.

Felix shook his head, "I need to find some good restaurants," he said.

You snapped your finger, "Why don't we have dinner together sometime? I know the best restaurants around here. Well, if you want to," you said.

Felix smiled and nodded, "I would love too," he said that made you smile. "Maybe we should introduce ourselves again. Properly," he said.

You nodded as you held out your hand, "I'm Song y/n, your new neighbor. I'm running a book shop at the moment right down the street from your cafe. I hope we can get along well. Please don't feel hesitant if you need a helping hand,"

Felix smiled and accepted your hand, "G'day mate, I'm Lee Felix, your new neighbor. As you already know, I just opened a cafe with my best friend. I'm very happy to be here and I also hope that we can get along really well," he replied that made you chuckled. "Don't feel hesitant to talk to me again okay? I'd love to talk more with you," he said.

You showed him a smile as you nodded, "I'll try but I can't promise okay? I'm not good at keeping it. I also can't seem to forget about what happened that night," you said as you messaged your temple.

Felix chuckled, "Okay. By the way, wanna grab something?" he asked as you started passing by a few food stands.

You shook your head, "I'm not hungry. Are you?" you asked.

Felix shook his head but you knew that he was lying when you heard his tummy rumbled, "Maybe I am?" he said with a smile formed.

You laughed, "We can order something when we get home. I'll give you some brochures," you said.

Felix hummed and started asking you questions in order to get to know you better, "How long have you run your book shop?" he asked.

"Hmm, around two years I guess. Both of us love to read so we got an idea to open a book shop where people can find books from different authors and genres. We thought that books are where the knowledge came from. Authors of the old wrote their books to be passed from generation to generation. They wrote their thoughts and ideas so we could learn and develop it to make the world a better place. One of my dreams is to write my own story and thoughts to motivate the next generations who will continue and develop what we have done right now," you explained. "What about you? What makes you and Hyunjin run a cafe?"

Felix smiled as he slipped his hands in his pocket, "Well, I first met Hyunjin because of a cup of hot cocoa. I used to live in a neighborhood where there's a house that turned into a cafe. The cafe gave the customers a friendly, comfortable feeling. It gave me the feeling of being at home. The owners were a middle-aged couple and they were really friendly and fun. I was around six years old at that time, my mom brought me into the cafe. The first scent I smelled was the scent of hot cocoa. Hyunjin was the boy who ordered it and our eyes met after I starred at his cup. That's kinda how we met, quite a cliche. We opened the cafe to be like the middle-aged couple. We want to see our customers enjoy their cup of drink while talking or working for hours. We want them to feel comfortable that they forgot about the time and are just too deep with their thoughts," he explained that made you nodded.

"We both have our unique different reasons why we do what we do," you commented that he agreed.

"Are you always that early?" asked Felix.

You showed him your cheeky smile as you shook your head, "I'm usually a bit late. I'm not used to waking up early," you explained.

"I can see. What time do you usually off to work?" he asked.