#23. A Cup of Reassurance

You sighed as another day passed by without Felix. No calls, no texts, not even some small neighborly talks. Well, you do sometimes bumped into him but every time you started bringing up a conversation, it didn't last longer than a minute.

You got reminded by last night's talk with Changbin, it made you feel uneasy. Questions of unsure barging in your head nonstop that made you didn't sleep well. Your heart felt uneasy that you couldn't calm it down.

You lifelessly walked towards the door to turn the sign around into a bold 'close'. You were looking down at your shop's brown wooden floor that made you didn't realize the person who was standing in front of your glass door until he knocked it. You shot your head up and was greeted by Felix with his bright smile and a bouquet of white daisies on his hand.

You couldn't help but smile as you saw him. You opened the door before moving a few steps closer to him. He ruffled your hair as you pouted. You heard him chuckled before pulling you into a hug. He put his hand on your small back as you put yours around his waist.

"It's been a while," he mumbled as he took a deep breath of the scent of your minty shampoo. "Oh how I miss this scent," he said that made you giggled.

"What are you doing here?" you asked as you pulled away without letting go.

"I wanna take you out for dinner, well if you don't have any plans tonight," he said that made you nodded.

"Let me close my shop first," you said as he nodded and walked into your shop.

He looked around your shop which has almost all lights off. It was almost six in the evening but the sky still has that orange sunset ray that shined through your shop. Felix moved his feet towards one of the shelves there and stopped as a book caught his eyes. He took the book from its place before opening the first page of it.

You took a peek on him from behind the counter and smiled, "Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite fictional characters," you said although he already knew.

"And The Sussex Vampire is your favorite chapter where it shows how big a mother's love can be and at the same time how dangerous a brother can be," he said that made you nodded.

"Even though a mother seemed doesn't care about her child, she can never abandon them. Even if they do, a mother always wants the best for her child so they must have their own reasons. While for siblings, they'll act nice and reliable while they can slowly stab each other from behind. Mostly is because of the lack of communication. They couldn't understand each other so they'll act as a protagonist to cover their antagonist self. Good thing me and Mino aren't like that at all. We talked all of our burdens and problems when we do have one and always try to solve it together," you said that made Felix nodded in agreement.

"Me and my sisters too. Even though we live apart from each other, we still communicate a lot," he said as he emphasized the word 'a lot' while rolling his eyes that made you giggled.

You turned the last light off before grabbing your bag, exiting the book shop and locked the door. You started walking away with Felix beside you. It was almost dark, there was still a little ray of sunset left that made the streets looked a bit more aesthetic. You walked side by side, in silence, but not an awkward silence, it was more of a comfortable one.

"Oh, here. I got these for you," he said as he handed you the bouquet of daisies which you gladly accept.

"Thanks, they look pretty," you said as you look at the white daisies.

Felix turned his head to watch you admire the daisies, "You're way more beautiful than those flowers," he mumbled but you could still hear him.

Your cheeks started to get warmer as shades of red started spreading on it. You tried to cover your red cheeks with your hair but it seemed useless since Felix noticed it. He pulled your wrist before cupping your cheeks while squishing them.