Chapter 40

Chapter 40- Mason's back

Recap:

By the time we were done it was only five pm so we decided to finally go to Starbucks.

This time I wanted something different, so I order off the secret menu and got a strawberry acai, with coconut milk and extra strawberries. This was called the pink drink. Once I ordered I told her my name and paid for my drink. Luke ended up ordering the same thing and then we went to go find a table to sit down at.

We ended up pushing two large tables together so we could all sit near each other. Finally everyone ordered their drinks and what not and now we're just making small talk.

As I took a sip of my drink I look up to see someone I haven't seen in quite awhile actually.

Yep you guessed it, Mason Brooks.

It was if on cue our eyes connected and everything just stopped.

"Hey babe you okay?" Harry asked, nudging me. At this point everyone stop their conversation and focus on me.

"Uh.. um...Y-yeah." I stutter.

"Z what's wrong?" Ashton asked me.

"Mason is here." I finally say breaking eye contact with Mason and looking over at Ashton.

"What the hell is he doing here." Harry say, I could see his nose starting to flare and I put my hand on his to reassure him.

"I'm gonna go talk to him okay, everything will be fine." I kissed Harry cheek and got up, but Harry didn't let go of my hand.

I look down at him and planted a sweet kiss on his lips. "You have nothing to worry about I love you." Harry nodded his head slowly and said "I love you." And let go of my hand.

I cleared my throat as walked closer and closer to Mason. At this point his body was turned the other way as if he was examining the menu, but he had already ordered. I tapped him on his shoulder and he turned away with a shock surprise on his face.

"Zoey? Hey.. um Hi, how are you?" He question. I laugh at how nervous he was trying to talk to me considering Harry and my friends were right behind me.

"Mason you don't have to be nervous to talk to me, They're not gonna hurt you." I say pointing back towards me. Mason glances over at Harry and then back at me.

He lets out this deep breathe that I notice he has been keeping in, and than he finally smiled.

"I just didn't want them to come attacking me or something I'm sorry."

I laugh again, "No you're fine, so how are you?"

"I'm good, I'm really good." He smiled showing his teeth. He looks down at my left hand staring at the ring. "Ahhh I see you've gotten married."

I raise my hand up so that he could see it better. "The ring is beautiful Zoey, congratulations to both you and Harry."

"Thank you." I replied.

"Mason?" The barista calls.

Mason grabbed his drink and straw. "Well I'll see you around Zoey."

I smiled, "Sure thing, also Mason I never really got to apologize for what happened. I should have told you about how I felt about Harry and just leaving you without no explanation, and I'm-"

"Zoey it's okay." He chuckles cutting me off.

"I'm just glad you're happy, and hey maybe we can hang out sometime. You know not like by ourselves but with the rest of group I'd love to actually hang out and meet them."

I nod my head, "of course we should make that happen."

"Alright Zoey, I'll see you around."

"Bye Mason!" I waved and walked back to the table.

"Sooooo?" Luke says

"He has changed, and he seems to be doing fine so that's good." I smile.

"I still don't like him." Allie mummers.

"ALLIE!" I say, we all laughed and left Starbucks.

After that day the following week came and it was time to head to Hawaii and after spending two an a half weeks there Harry and I jetted off to The Bahamas to spend two more weeks in our Honeymoon Phase.

•+++•

---Edited---

Word Count: 702 words