Prologue

Months prior...

A young woman is pushed onto the round, her Chameleon-Style hair dragging against the floor. Her White Fang mask shattered as her head hits the floor with force, fracturing into little pieces, shards sliding across the floor. Blood leaks from her mouth and bruises across her face. She looks around, on the island of Menagerie before Fury destroyed it. She groans in pain, feeling the blood trickling down from her forehead from who attacked her. Her large eyes look up as the dark figure grabs her by the throat, pinning her against the floor. The silhouette has a black hood, one that creates a shadow that conceals her face, only her glowing orange eyes can be seen under the hood. The mouth mask glows red in different sections as she breathes through it, anger in her eyes. Ilia gasps for air as she struggles, grabbing the wrist of the assassin, but then someone stops her. "Don't kill her...not yet." A chilling voice says.

The Onyx Phantom releases her with force, and she steps aside. Walking past her is the Knight of Fear, holding his Scythe in one hand, his glowing gold eyes fixed on Ilia's. Ilia coughs in pain as Fear approaches her, carrion flies swarming around his body. She crawls back in fear, seeing a horde of spiders scuttling towards her feet, spiders the size of dogs. She screams in fear but they all vanish into clouds of flies as they touch her skin. Fear crouches down, the Onyx Phantom stood beside him with her rifle pointed at her face. "Ilia Amitola..." Fear greets with a mad smirk across his rotten face.

"Wh-What do you want?" She stammers. Fear stares straight into her eyes.

"I know you have been friends with this man for a long time." Fear says, reaching into her robes of rotten skin, pulling out a photograph, setting it down before her feet. She gasps when she sees the face of Kassius Locke upon it, still pretty hazed vision from her black eye.

"What do you want from me?" She questions. Fear smirks menacingly at her.

"A location." Fear demands coldly. "Tell them to go to the woods outside of Mistral...my friend here will be waiting." Fear says, standing tall again. Ilia shakes in terror, her hairs constantly stood on end as Fear starts to walk away from her. "I want you to lure your friend Kassius from his team so she can eliminate them all, and then his rage from failing his family will make him a valuable weapon to our cause." Fear says with a pure evil smile on his face.

"What are you going to do? Why do you want him?" Ilia questions. Fear stops and he opens his rotten hand, flies pouring from his undead form. He looks over his shoulder at her and there is that constant smirk on his face.

"I have seen what he can become..." Fear says to her. He points to the side of his own skull, tapping it with his hand. "There is a weapon inside of his mind...he holds his team close...I think we can manipulate that." Fear says with a smile. Fear rotates back round, waving his hand to the air before him, creating a black doorway that he enters. The Onyx Phantom remains there for a couple of seconds after the portal closes. But then she disappears, engaging some sort of stealth cloak around her armoured body, vanishing from Ilia's point of view.

In the forest...

Kassius walks into the woods, holding Lash Equinox in his hands. He stands with his team: Team K.R.D.V. Kassius, Rajah, Draven and Vetra. His eyes examine the area, still fresh skinned with no scars. With no cybernetic arm. Vetra stands beside him; she has long coffee brown hair and large hazel coloured eyes. She does not seem to use a weapon, but she can use her semblance as her weapon instead. Rajah holds two razor sharp blades with blue dust flowing through the weapons and Draven has a large machete with a collection of Ninja Stars clipped to his belt. Draven is a tall muscular man with a couple scars on his body from Beowulves that have put some fairly decent it's on his body. Rajah is clearly from Vacuo as he only wears an open shirt like Sun does, tattoos on his chest. "This is the place..." Kassius says to them all.