Chapter 37 - No Destiny

Pyrrha

You are no one...

You are a soldier

Jaune does not love you

They are all enemies

Kill your enemies

Love nothing

Feel nothing

Think nothing

You have no destiny

No destiny

No destiny

Her own voice whispers in her mind, but it is not her real thoughts. She is being manipulated by something greater than any of them realise. Using her beliefs against her.

The Words of the Fallen.

She is restrained down in a seat, dazed from some sort of pain in her head. Her orange irises flit back and forth, back and forth. She is lost, confused of where she is. Supersonic ringing sounds in her ears that bring tears to her eyes as she cannot bear the pain any longer. She screams in agony from the loud sounds and then the being that tortures her stops, pulling its long black tentacles away from her head. The Seer clicks creepily as it floats backwards from Pyrrha, electrical volts passing through the many limbs, the orange light glowing inside of its black spherical body. Pyrrha faintly heard the voice of someone behind the Seer, telling it that she has had enough. The Seer moves aside and her eyes widen when she sees her approaching, her pale hands behind her back. Black and red eyes glaring at her as she approaches the girl. Pyrrha's hair is not in a ponytail like she has always had it; it is let down and uncared for, but still red. Her orange eyes flicker for a few moments and she winces, her green irises visible for a couple of seconds before it returns to their orange form again.

Salem stops in front of Pyrrha with her hands behind her. "What happened down there?" Salem questions sternly. Pyrrha stammers, sweat beading from her skin as she is held there, stammering as she tries to find her regal voice again. She shakes the whispers out of her mind, or at least attempts to, so then she can think clearly. She shakes her head over and over; she can't get the voice from her head, the whispers that pulsate in her temple.

It repeats over and over and over again. She shakes her head over and over, distressed from these haunting messages in her head. Salem furrows her brow and then she aggressively whacks Pyrrha's cheek, making her head recoil to the left from shock. She sits there, and the hit was so hard, that it has knocked it all from her head. Her orange eyes have now turned green again. She looks up at Salem with fearful eyes at the Grimm Humanoid Woman that stands there. In the shadows is the Knight of Death with Ferrum Arctus pushed into the ground as he stands there. "Jaune..." She whispers with a little smile on her face. The old Pyrrha is here, not whatever Salem has done to her, making her become the Onyx Phantom like that. Hazel is stood inside the room with her with Tyrian as well, who has his arms crossed as he looks at her. They still have not wondered about what he did to help Oscar escape. "He was there." She says to her, still in love with him from her tender voice, remembering her true love's face. Salem rises back up and looks at Death and he says nothing.

She then looks at her again, crouching down to look at the girl. She takes her hand and touches the Invincible Girl's cheek, her demonic eyes glow bright red and then Pyrrha feels a horrific burning sensation on her cheek as Salem does something to her. Pyrrha cries out from the pain, tears leaking from her eyes as she does this action to her. Salem remains to look stern as she does this. "I understand you miss him...he misses you...but you have a duty. A destiny to uphold, and I need you to continue to do so." She says, and then, the green eyes are flooded with orange fire as they turn back into the eyes of the Onyx Phantom. She is still in pain and then she looks at her.