Chapter 9 - There Was A Crooked Man...

Blake

"After that, he taught me what his father taught him." Blake concludes to Sun as he sits beside her, listening to every word that she has told him. His large blue eyes gazing into her amber ones. Across the room from them is Adam, resting from his wounds he suffered from Kassius – or Mr Hyde – in the emergency room. He is currently hooked up to Life Support; the constant beeping of the heart monitor can be heard from over there. Sun holds her hand, supporting her through those traumatic memories that she has just told him about. "We worked together and as I grew older...I started to see that I was on the wrong side. I wanted equality, even after what happened. Just because a few humans attacked us, it doesn't mean the entire species is just like them." Blake explains, like she is reliving a discussion she had with Adam years ago. "But he never saw it that way, every human he has ever met has only brought back the painful memories of what he lost that day." Blake says to Sun.

The Wukong boy exhales as he looks down at the table, thinking all of this information over. "The men that attacked Menagerie...they were the Acolytes of Lien?" Sun presumes, remarking on what she mentioned, about the tattoos on their necks. Blake nods as she looks at him.

"Now that I know who they are, it makes sense. Thinking about it, this could have been part of this master plan of theirs." Blake says with a laugh containing awe at the enemy's tactics.

"What do you mean?" Sun asks, tilting his head at her.

"Well think about it: they show up and slaughter a bunch of innocent Faunus, kill Adam's parents, aimed to kill my parents, his hunger for revenge makes him change the White Fang into a band of monsters that are hell-bent on killing humanity as a whole. It would make sense, turn them into monsters so then they help Cinder destroy Beacon." Blake theorizes as she sits there, thinking all the facts through her head. And as she thinks about it, her theory does make a whole lot of sense; even Sun can see it now.

The Acolytes of Lien have been a piece in this game for a very long time; it's almost scary from how long they have been a part of it. Salem's plan has been thought out for a very long time, longer than the birth of the teams themselves. "We're outmatched in all of this." Sun sighs as he scratches his cheek. Blake looks at him with confused eyes.

"What do you mean?" Blake asks.

"If Salem has had this plan going on this long? Then she must have contingencies." Sun says, using his logic, which cannot be argued.

"She has the upper hand, but we're not giving up." Blake tells him.

"Oh I'm not giving up, I just prefer it when the odds are in our favour a little more, you know?" Sun states, and even she cannot argue with that. She nods and she sits tight, like a cat with her legs bent back on the sofa.

"I know...we just have to keep on fighting...it's what you and I do." She says to him, clutching his hand as she sits next to him and she rests against his chest, closing her eyes as she wraps her arm around him. Sun smiles, leaning back and lying down on the sofa as she snuggles into him, his arm bent behind his head. She has finally become comfortable with the idea of being with him in this way, no more beating around the bush. Something about the Knights of Grimm and an impending doom has really put things in perspective for them all, to take the chances to be together while they still can. Because the Knights are nothing like anything they have faced before, other enemies have been able to show some form of mercy that they could survive from. Luck has always been on their side.

But not with these guys, they will tear them apart and walk away without regretting one second of it. Sun wraps his arm around the feline girl that he loves so much and he kisses the top of her head. "Yeah we do, and I won't be going anywhere, not any time soon." He promises. A smile forms on her face as she holds him.