Chapter 45 - Battle of the Roses

Yang

Yang stands tall at the other side of the battlefield, completely unaware that her little sister is actually being rescued at this very moment by an old foe of theirs. Glynda walks over to her side, looking at the valley of destroyed buildings that stands in their way, but before they get there, they need to get across the open field in between them. Glynda examines the area and Yang turns to her with concerned eyes, she knows that Salem is preparing something down there. "Any ideas?" Yang asks her with a shrug and Glynda looks at her and then at the valley.

"We lead a ground assault, the ships should take care of as much of the air force they have as they can." Glynda explains. The three ships that they have managed to steal roar overhead, vehicles leaving the hangers and flying with them. A group of Dropships approach them and it descends behind them, each of them drops a large Military Grade transport that they can take to get the huntsmen over there as fast as they can.

"Got you guys a present." The pilot tells them, flying off to catch up with the rest of the assault. Yang looks at the vehicles that they have been provided, other Dropships are delivering tanks and other vehicles for the soldiers on the ground right now. Glynda stops Yang with her hand and looks at her, with the eyes of a tutor but also a friend.

"You know that this is extremely dangerous, right? She has a lot of firepower down there." Glynda warns. Yang nods and she stares at where she thinks Ruby is at right now.

"My baby sister is in there somewhere...no more waiting...we're gonna get her back." Yang promises. Kassius looks at a Bullhead that flies past him, and he spots a White Fang soldier inside that he never expected to see. She has a long Chameleon-like ponytail and freckles on her cheek. She looks at him, and all she does is nod at him.

"Ilia..." He gasps with disbelief. Of all the people to help save Ruby, she was not even on that list. He then nods back to her and she looks forward, picking up a Rocket Launcher, putting her mask back on with her free hand. She points with her finger at the other side of the island, at the mountain and her eyes narrow with anger.

"Let us show them what the White Fang are capable of! For Menagerie!" Ilia roars. The White Fang soldiers that have joined them all cheer with her.

"For Menagerie!" They all cheer with one another; even Adam holds his sword high in the air. Sun and Blake look at one another and they smile, feeling happy to know that her father and parents deaths shall not be in vain.

Not after this momentous day.

Yang nudges Kassius' shoulder to get his attention after noticing Ilia on that Bullhead; she has that cheeky smirk on her face as always. "Betcha glad you didn't kill her." Yang says and Kassius chuckles.

"Yeah...guess it was worth it." Kassius agrees, Yang smiles at him to see that his good heart might have also just saved Ruby. She holds his hand and smiles, then they both look forward. Taiyang walks towards the many empty Jeeps that have been dropped down for them.

"There's enough for us all to get down there." Taiyang explains. They all get aboard their vehicles, Coco standing on the back of one of them with her Chaingun at the ready. She pushes her sunglasses down and smirks as she gets ready for the intense battle that they are about to head into.

"This is gonna be tense." Coco excitedly says with a big smile on her face.

Blake hops onto the back with Yang, their weapons at the ready. She turns to look at Yang, getting her attention. "You ready?" Blake asks her.

"More than I'll ever be...I just hope we won't be too late." Yang sighs with fear in her voice.

Ruby