Chapter 43 - Arkos

Jaune

Pyrrha slams Milo against Jaune's shield; an almighty bang rings out from the impact with white light bursting from the flash. He is thrown backwards, grunting as he tumbles back and Pyrrha's flaring orange eyes focus onto Weiss as she tries to run past her and to the Storm Barrier Core. Pyrrha throws Akuou directly at her and it hits her in the chest, knocking her on the floor. Weiss gasps and she crawls back when she sees Pyrrha leaping at her and slamming her blade down at where she was, narrowly missing by an inch. She picks Akuou back up and continues to attack her. Weiss bounces back up and with the assistance of a glyph, she darts straight past her and slices across her aura and goes to attack again. But Pyrrha shields herself with Akuou, proceeding to kick Weiss in the chest and back into the floor.

Jaune slowly gets back up, and his eyes focus on Pyrrha as she attacks Weiss. He grits his teeth and tightens his grip on Crocea Mors. He leaps at her and blocks Milo from hitting the Ice Queen, the impact resonates explosively across the area, sparks falling from the impact. Jaune looks at her and then at Pyrrha. "Go!" Jaune yells, taking a kick to the head again. Pyrrha stomps towards him and she yells, slashing straight across him with force, and he keeps rolling backwards to avoid them. Weiss – despite wanting to help him – keeps on running towards the tower.

The skilled Nikos Warrior leaps into the air and into a corkscrew attack with her blade pushed towards Jaune, and he has no other choice but to hold his shield up, sending him tumbling backwards. He groans as he rolls to a halt at the side of the ground, he is struggling to swing his sword at her, he is fighting in a defensive manner, but he knows he needs to start being more offensive if he is going to stop her, or even survive this battle. He is outmatched against her, but he needs to protect Weiss at all costs. He pushes the blade of Crocea Mors downwards in the soil and he looks up at her, standing tall once again and he pushes his shield forward with one arm, and in the other is Crocea Mors, pointed towards Pyrrha. She paces back and forth, gritted teeth with anger and hate in her glowing orange eyes. "Pyrrha...this isn't you." Jaune tells her, watching her move, even her footsteps do not belong to her. Then she speaks back to him, with vile anger in her tongue.

"Pyrrha Nikos is dead! There is only the Onyx Phantom!" She roars, zooming towards him and pulling her arm back and pushing Milo directly at him. Jaune rolls aside from her, only narrowly avoiding her attack and he swings Crocea Mors directly at her, but she uses her Polarity to push the blade of his sword aside. She spins round on the spot and extends Milo and slashes across his chest, knocking him back and then she aims the weapon at him as she fires a dust round into his chest. Jaune grunts, launched back again from the impact. He will be unable to make a dent in her...she's the Invincible Girl.

Jaune looks at Weiss and sees her climbing up the tower to the core that is still online. Lightning constantly pouring from the tip of the tower and into the black swirling clouds above. The lightning feeds rage into the weather, flashes of light pulsates in the clouds constantly. Weiss looks back at him and he just nods at her, getting back up and Pyrrha sprints straight at him, yelling with rage. She jumps and slashes down at him, but Jaune smacks his sword across hers and they actually hit, creating the metallic bang from the impact. Jaune quickly raises his shield to block her attack and he swipes upwards with Crocea, hitting her aura and making her stumble. He can fight, he just needs to pretend it is the Onyx Phantom all over again, not think that it is her...

...but how? It looks just like her, it is her and he loves her with all his heart. He struggles to swing the sword at her and she is using that love against him, just as Salem has been hoping to succeed in her plan. As if she knew he was going to be sent to help Weiss there. She smashes Akuou into his chest and he grunts, falling onto his back, and she presses her heel against his throat with force.