Chapter 47 - Remember Me?

Nora

Nora's cyan eyes look right into the burning orange eyes of the Lord of the Wood. The bark creaks as it stands there with no emotion in its face. The sharp fingers scrape against one another as it stares directly at them all. "Wh-What is that thing?" Yang asks with fear when she sees that thing. They have all been reunited after the Cannon was disabled, so close to where Ruby is now. Ren grits his teeth with anger, and they notice his hatred towards the demon that follows the girl he loves with all his heart.

"The Lord of the Wood." Nora answers fearfully, and the Leshen has not moves yet, just remains motionless with the two eyes looking through her exterior and into her soul. "The monster that has been following me all my life." She answers, and they all stare at it. Coco smirks and she aims her Chaingun at the being.

"Let's blow it to bits!" Coco cheers, the barrels begin to spin round as she aims at the monster, but Nora knows that destroying the body will not free her of that thing.

"It won't go." She tells her.

"We can still get it out of our way." Port tells her with a smile, loading a fresh shell into his Blunderbuss and aiming it at the beast. Coco unleashes her fury from her Chaingun, firing thousands of bullets towards the Leshen, but all the Leshen does is hold its hand upwards. Roots extend from the fingers of the creature and they form together into a shield of some kind that deflects the bullets away from it or catches them in the roots. Coco keeps on firing and stops after a couple seconds when she realises that it is a worthless act of aggression when it does that. The barrels have heated up to a golden glow with smoke trailing from them, her eyes widen behind her glasses and then it lowers its hand.

"I don't have enough ammo for that thing." Coco scoffs, after noticing how it just ignored all those bullets. The Leshen lowers its arm and then stares back at Nora, who holds onto her Hammer tight.

The Crows begin to congregate behind it and it slowly lifts its finger up and points at them all. The Crows form from the black smoke and their caw endlessly as they fly towards them. "Look out!" Weiss yells as she holds Myrtenaster high to form a barrier in front of Nora who has become frozen with fear. All she can see is the monster that murdered her parents and the three boys that picked on her when she first arrived at Kuroyuri. It's eyes...gods the eyes...The Crows collide into the barrier but there seems to be an infinite swarm of them, forming from the shadows that emerge from the body of the Demonic Being. Blake spots that it is focused on Nora still, she could use that time to get a hit on it when it is not looking. She darts to the side to flank it, moving slyly and fast like a cat, she holds Gambol Shroud in her hand and she aims her Magnum at the Leshen, firing a bullet towards it. The bullet grazes across the side of the skull that is atop the wooden body. The Lord of the Wood only grunts, stumbling a little bit from the bullet that hit its vulnerable bone skull.

Blake charges towards the Leshen, Weiss and Yang in tow as they attack the massive Leshen. The Lord of the Wood slashes downwards at Blake as she forms a shadow, narrowly missing her and she swings her sheathe across the shoulder of the creature. Splinters of bark fracture from its arm, Weiss yells as she forms a Glyph and shoots towards the Leshen and plunges her blade into its chest, holding on as it walks around. Yang pounds her Cybernetic fist into its chest and it staggers as well. Yang looks at the others. "Get to Ruby!" She yells, until she can barely speak from being choked by the bark hand of the Leshen. The Lord of the Wood lifts her up in the air and then throws her into the soil with force. It then slashes Blake across the face and she cries out with pain, hitting the floor and it summons the swarm of Crows to attack Weiss at once.

Weiss screams as they slash and peck at her, pulling her from the Leshen's chest. The Lord of the Wood grabs Myrtenaster and stares at it in its hand and releases it, letting it fall to the floor. The burning orange eyes focus onto Nora, and the black smoke forms around its wooden body. The Leshen transforms into the swarm and it moves towards her. The cloud of darkness bursts open and the Leshen lunges forward to grab her. The hand just misses when Ren kicks the Leshen in the head to make it stagger. The Leshen immediately returns with a back-hand strike that knocks Ren onto the ground.