Chapter 29 - The Lord of the Wood

Qrow

He narrowly avoids the wrath of Fury's Axe when swung at him, the unhallowed roars of the Knight travel across the dunes of the Vacuo Desert, or the Anxuarian Desert. Qrow jumps backwards, guiding his fingers through the warm sand as he slides down the dune. Fury snarls, stepping onto the top of the dune, glaring down at him as his burning cape blows in the wind. Raven screams, swinging her Odachi directly at him. Fury steps back, avoiding it and spinning round with his axes, narrowly missing her face with the burning edges, she ducks back, feeling the heat brushing across her cheek. Her long black hair dancing with her acrobatic movements. Winter projects a glyph and slams her sword into the sand, blasting a line of spiked ice blades rising from the sand itself. Fury rolls out of the way and starts to run at the Schnee. Fury may not be as knowledgeable with fighting as the others, but his aggressiveness can make him extremely unpredictable, and he is the toughest of them to bring down because of his regenerating form.

Qrow gets himself back to his feet and he sees Fury attacking Winter, crackling flames trailing behind his movements, his grunts and snarls echoing across the desert. He looks at his sister and she nods, running to help. Qrow exhales, exhausted from having to fight this much in such a stuffy and hot environment, and especially against an enemy that does not seem to give up. He grabs his sword which he stabbed into the sand, ripping it from the grains and he runs with his sister.

Winter uses her two swords, staggering back from Fury's savage attacks as he hammers his axes down at her, sparks and flames bursting from every impact. He is pushing her into the sand from his attacks, his molten teeth gritted as he attacks. He roars with rage and then he does not notice the Raven Bird flying towards him from behind. A black cloud of smoke erupts from the body of the Raven and it transforms into Raven's Human body like an Animagus. She holds Odachi in both hands and lands on his back, driving it straight into his spine. He feels nothing, just looks at the blade and then he laughs. "You never learn, do you?" He scoffs, grabbing the blade and pulling it further into his body. The yanking motion also pulls Raven into his shoulders and her face hits the fire. She screams in pain, falling from his back and on the sand. She presses her hand to her cheek where she was burned and it has blistered and swollen red. Luckily it is nowhere near as bad as Kassius', but it is still pretty painful for her.

Fury kicks Winter in the chest and stares at Raven on the floor. He starts to walk towards her, his presence is making them angry, and therefore that anger is also making them act irrationally. Giving him the advantage above her. She tries to get back up but Fury gently pushes her onto her back with his foot, looking down at her as she winces in pain. He smirks when he stares down at her. "You are skilled, Miss Branwen – but not skilled enough!" He barks, raising one of the burning axes upwards to bring it down on her chest. Until suddenly Qrow's sword deflects it and Fury sees him stood in front of her, guarding his sister. Fury chuckles proudly.

"I don't think so." Qrow growls with gritted teeth. Fury walks around and he continues to smirk.

"Corvus...so be it...have your resolution." Fury challenges, the fire burning hotter on the blades of his axes. Qrow stands there and he now has to challenge the Knight on his own. Winter is weakened and Raven is hurt. He is the only one that can do it, the sand blows around them as they stand there.

Then they both run at each other and Qrow swings the sword hard at the axes of Fury. Fury swings both and they lock against his sword, pressing against him, eyes burning bright as he stares down at him. Qrow glares at the volcanic knight, his skin sweating from the extreme heat let off his form. "We will stop you." Qrow promises. Fury chuckles at his threat, staring at him.

"Say you do – what will you do when we are defeated? You've lost your beloved Rose, your daughter will not survive past the Isles...you will have nothing!" Fury growls at him, taunting him with those he has lost.