Chapter 16 - Sapphires and Snowflakes

Winter

Fear soars across the skies of the Emerald Forest in his huge rotten Bat form, the torn wings blocking out the rays of light shone from the sun. Qrow pursues after him in his crow form, whilst Raven and Winter battle against Loss in the forest. Winter forms a Glyph that sends her darting forwards, slashing her swords across Loss' side. Loss grunts and she thrashes her Tonfas at her with force and agility, ducking down to avoid the glyph shells that are launched at her from the Schnee Girl. Raven sprints at her and she brings her Odachi round with force.

Loss crosses her Tonfas over each other, stopping the red blade in its tracks and then she jumps in the air, flipping backwards and kicking Raven up the jaw with force. She lands straight in front of Winter and punches her in the chest with her Tonfa. Since her Aura is still up, it does not cut into Winter's chest, but it still sends her flying through a tree from the impact.

The massive bat spins round and the wings spread outwards. The form shifts back into the cowl wearing Knight of Fear, the wings flapping to keep him airborne as Qrow flies towards him. Qrow shape-shifts back into his human form as he jumps at Fear, driving his sword through him as they both plummet down into the trees below. Qrow tumbles across the floor and Fear manages to stay in the air. "You know what you're daughter's gonna bring us?" Fear asks him as he hovers above him. "The power to make real change to Remnant and that terrifies you." Fear says, his golden eyes glowing viscously as he stares down at the Huntsman beneath him. Qrow tilts his head with a smirk.

"Pretty much nailed it." He answers, pointing his sword at the Knight, the blade folding down so the gun is pointed straight at him. He fires a shell straight into his shoulder and it knocks the Knight from the sky and he crashes into the floor. He drags his Scythe across the soil, tearing up roots and grass from the soil. He stands tall and spins it through his fingers, slamming it down behind him as he glares at him. Qrow sprints towards the Knight of Fear and the Knight charges at him, they both jump towards one another. Fear grabs him and throws him further, smashing him through a tree. "Stop throwing me!" Qrow winces as he rolls off the shattered tree.

Qrow looks over his shoulder to see Fear jumping towards him with the jagged, curved blade of his Scythe held above his head as he leaps at him with a gritted smirk across his insane face. Qrow grabs the sword and rolls out of the way, missing the impact of the blade by an inch. He immediately turns and starts to attack Qrow with force and speed, every attack is slicing entire trees in half. Qrow is using his skills to defend himself, still unable to go on the offensive against him. But he notices a weakness; his legs are thinner and less armoured than the rest of his body.

Qrow smirks, stamping down onto his shin and sure enough, one of the bones snaps underneath the rotten skin. A haunting cry of agony erupts from his jaws as they stretch unnaturally, his hand clenching into a fist. Qrow yells as he jumps in the air and scrapes the blade of his sword across the chest of Fear and he starts to attack him whilst he is down. The slashes and slashes and slashes, cutting the rotten skin robes apart, revealing the skeletal body underneath. Fear snarls in anger, grabbing Qrow by the throat and lifting him off the floor, choking him with his famine cursed hands, snarling up at him as he holds him high above his head. "I'm gonna make sure that your baby girl suffers a terrifying fate." He promises as he turns and launches him across the forest again.

Raven swings her Odachi swiftly, cutting the arrows of Loss down before they even reach her, swinging the sword in one hand as she destroys them. Raven sprints at Loss and she kicks her in the side of the head. The kick is a pretty good one as well, making her stumble and giving her time to attack aggressively with the red bladed Odachi. She gets a couple well placed hits in before Loss grabs the veil and goes to stare at her. Raven quickly and smartly shuts her eyes and ducks down to avoid the Medusa's Gaze. Her eyes glow bright blue as she stares, and whilst she is stood there, Winter jumps at her from behind and kicks her in the spine. Combined with the velocity of her speed from the Glyph that threw her, the impact launches Loss straight across the blade of Raven's Odachi as she rises up. Expecting the fight to be over, Raven opens her red eyes and nods.