Chapter 11 - A Long Waited Explanation

Yang

"Welcome to Dragonspire Keep, the last refuge of the Shadow Knights." Kragen announces when he pushes the huge wooden doors open. The creak and groan when the old joints and bolts squeaks it open. The heavy doors reveal the interior home of the keep that they have been teleported to. And to their amazement, there are Silver Eyed Warriors here, not many but there are others. One of them panics, his eyes glowing brightly with white light leaking from them as he prepares to attack. Kragen steps in front of them with his hands held up to protect them all. "Whoa, whoa! They're not our enemies!" He defends, which also makes them realise that he is not here to betray them since he willingly put himself in harm's way.

The Warrior stands down, the light leaving his silver eyes and he sits back down. "Oh, I'm sorry." He apologises. He is quite young, as are most of the men and women here, all with Silver Eyes, both Human and Faunus. Strange to see a robot amongst these warriors, the Architect walks alongside them all with his poncho still wrapped around his chassis.

"Don't mind them; some of the people here have been rescued recently. Unless you have not noticed, the Silver Eyed Warriors are being hunted like dogs." Kragen says to Yang over his shoulder.

"Yeah...you could say that." Yang agrees, looking around. The Architecture in here is beautifully ancient with towering walls that look like giants could fit in here. There are some engraved markings on the wall as well, Arkhoni markings. This Keep must have been from that era.

"Where are we going?" Ren asks him, walking with Nora and Jaune behind Yang, Blake and Weiss.

"We are going to my office, where we can talk in private." Kragen answers. They follow him through the halls; there are huge windows with multi-coloured panels all over the place, making the area feel that more beautiful and unique. They pass by a corner to see some even younger children sat down in a room with a woman tending to them all. Salem has been sending them to kill children, this place is truly showing how much of a threat they are becoming, hunting down anyone. No matter their age, sex or race. They will die if their eyes are silver. Qrow looks around, in awe to see that these people are actually real. He heard the stories that Ozpin told him but he never truly believed until Ruby did what she did on Beacon tower. Never believed that the power of one's eyes could be so important.

They walk outside and Jaune is looking around with them. They are outside in some sort of desert, it must have been nearby to where they were before, unless if they are in Vacuo or in the deserts of Menagerie. It is hard to tell when they are surrounded by mountainous dunes of sand; clouds are extinct in the skies, only an ocean of blue. Sun walks over to Jaune and he bumps his arm into his shoulder to get his attention. "Did the Architect ever bring you here?" Sun whispers.

"No. I have never been here." Jaune answers. "He only kept me in that village."

"So we're all in the dark here?" Sun asks.

"Pretty much, yeah." Jaune answers. "No different than normal, right?"

Blake looks across the path from her and there is a training ground, a young boy is fighting aggressively against Atlesian Knights that have been reprogrammed. The Knights however are damaged and rusted away; they must have been acquired from the remains of Beacon itself. Nobody came to repair Beacon or collect the machines, so perhaps the Silver Eyed Warriors were left no other option. But when they look around, there are actually very few people fighting. Some are but most are just sat around doing nothing, looking hopeless. Some are crying their eyes out, which must have meant that they have lost their families due to Salem's Wrath. And with the Knights of Grimm going around, destroying everything one village at time. That must leave a lot of angry orphans looking for answers. Perhaps this is what the world of Remnant is about to become.