Chapter 44 - Laying the Trap

Salem

She walks towards the entrance to the large cave and she looks at the massive doors that stand between her and her prize. She can sense the presence of the Relic inside and her eyes glow faintly as she stares at it. Fury is itching to get in there as well, to finally reclaim his treasure, but they all notice that the storms have completely subsided in a fraction of a moment. The three knights look up at the sky, and then they see Fear returning. His massive bat wings wrap round the bat's body and he transforms painfully into his humanoid form. He slams his fist into the ground after landing with a bang and he rises up from the knelt stance, holding Formido Falcem in his hand. But Salem has already noticed what has happened, her red eyes examining the clear skies that were supposed to be filled with stormy clouds. "It seems that our enemies are more persistent than I expected." Salem sighs and Fear spins his scythe round.

"I know where they are. I have already informed the Admiral of the Acolytes of Lien to send a large detachment of soldiers towards them." Fear explains, kneeling before her as a Knight should before their Queen. Death stands there and he looks at her with his sword pressed down into the ground. Fury snarls with anger when he realises that they are here as well, the flames burn hot. Loss looks down at the land afar and she turns to her Queen.

"We can go and assist." Loss suggests. Salem stands there and she looks at Fury, she can tell that he wants to go in there, and she actually wants to grant him that. But it seems that he has some sort of unshakable bond to his fellow Knights, and before she can even say a word, he walks over to them.

"Shouldn't be too difficult." Fury snarls, the fire burning hot and Salem sighs, seeing him ready.

"It is settled then; I will go inside and begin my search for this Relic. Fear I want you to tell Watts and Hazel to come join me." Salem orders.

"What about Tyrian and the voiceless one?" Fear inquires. She turns to face him with a villainous smirk.

"Ruby Rose has now fulfilled her purpose. We only needed her to get in and out, but now that our enemies have shut it down...they have officially killed her." Salem explains sinisterly with that evil smirk on her face. Fear smirks back and he nods, forming a Raven in his hand and it caws, looking at him. He sends the message and the Raven flies from his hand and towards where the Drift of Wandering Star is landed. The Four Knights transform into their Beast Forms and they fly towards where they are, while Salem approaches the entrance.

They are running out of time to save Ruby.

Qrow

Neptune takes one of the explosives that the Architect made before leaving the Headquarters that Raven has built up. They are small but powerful charges that can be buried beneath the soil, all it takes is the flick of a switch and they will all go off. Powerful dust used inside to completely obliterate anybody in their vicinity. The blue haired Huntsman tears up the ground with a shovel that they brought with them, Qrow and Adam remain on guard. Despite his lack of vision, his hearing has adapted to become so acute that he can see the very things that none of them would know of until it is right on top of them. The three of them are still dripping wet from the storm barrier, despite it being shut down, Adam spins his sword through his fingers after hearing the faint sound of Bullheads coming straight for their position. "We have incoming." Adam warns, crouching down and the others do the same thing. Qrow takes his scroll out and he contacts Yang quickly to warn her as well.

"They're on their way." Qrow whispers when he hears her picking up the scroll.

"Okay..." She whispers back and hanging up on the scroll. They have set up a perimeter of explosives, and not a minute too soon either, because the enemy have arrived and they all out of explosives. Adam moves stealthily and silently through the forest, keeping his senses sharp as he listens for where they are coming from, taking cover behind a tree. Over where Yang and the others are, they are all taking cover in some of the buildings that they have found. This forest was once a town, and the buildings are still standing, so to speak. They are not habitable for humans anymore. Yang takes cover inside of a house with Blake and Sun, they keep their eyes peeled. The rumbling of the incoming Bullheads is quite frightening.