Epilogue

Ruby

The house has completely burned down; nothing more than charred wood and smoke from the fire rises into the sky. Blake and Weiss sit with Yang and Ruby who are both recovering from their fight with Tyrian. A portal opens at the house, and Raven emerges with wide eyes. She gasps and covers her mouth with her hand. Taiyang and Qrow walk through as well with shocked eyes when they see the destruction to the house. But their first thoughts are to their kids, searching for them. Raven runs round the destroyed home and she sighs with relief when she sees Ruby and Yang. But she is still horrified when she sees the state that they are both in. Cut up, burned, bruised and badly beaten.

But alive.

Taiyang sees them and he runs to the two girls, hugging them both, Blake and Weiss stand up and they look at Qrow as he walks over with angered eyes. "What happened here?" Qrow questions.

Blake and Weiss just look in the direction of where he fell.

Where he met his end.

"Tyrian found out where they lived...he waited for them. The fight was brutal...but Ruby killed him...he can't hurt her anymore." Weiss explains to Qrow, and he looks at his little girl. He walks over to her and he crouches down beside her. She looks at him and she just smiles, he gives her a big hug, one only a father could have. And somehow, that is the answer she had, closing her eye gently.

She will have the answers that she needs, but that will come in time. Qrow looks at the burns on her body and he feels for her, seeing the damage the flames did to her. The battle has taken more form them than they can even realise.

Yang looks and she sees the photograph of when they were younger. Team R.W.B.Y united, and written in red pen ink is new friends! Yang picks it up with her cybernetic hand, the glass falls from the charred picture and a tear drips from her eye. "All of our memories..." Yang sniffles as she looks at the fire that burns their house down to the ground.

"Hey..." Taiyang whispers as he turns her head with his thumb. She looks at him and sniffles. "We can make all new memories now..." He says to her.

Across the world, things are beginning to change. Glynda, Port and Oobleck return to Beacon and they look around, the Grimm have completely vanished. None of them remain at the school anymore, not even a single Beowulf. It has become completely silent when they returned. "Just because some memories fade..." Taiyang explains to his precious daughter. Glynda looks at the house that she tried to repair but failed on multiple attempts. She raises her crop up and begins to lift the rubble upwards. The rubble floats together and then connects back together and she has little strain in doing so.

Her eyes widen with confusion. "Where'd the Grimm go?" Glynda questions with confused eyes.

"It does not mean that they can be replaced with better ones." Taiyang explains to her.

And it is not just at Beacon that the Grimm have disappeared from.

Even at Mistral, where they took it only mere months ago. Mountain Glenn, Kuroyuri.

Everywhere...

The Grimm have vanished from all of the cities that they have claimed. Glynda looks at Port and Oobleck with a smile. "We can rebuild everything we lost..." She realises, looking at the school that was taken from them. She smiles with amazement.

"Because that is what it truly means to be alive." Taiyang explains to her. "Even when you are bound by chains..." He keeps on speaking.

At Atlas...