Chapter 34 - The Traveller's Journey - Pt. 2

Oscar

The song has come to a close, and everyone applauds for the beautiful woman as she bows before her audience. Oscar smiles and he claps as well, stood tall with Krekras Blackridge not far away, along with the captain of a ship. He has his arms crossed, whilst Krekras applauds Starla. Rylen gets up and he applauds her as well, taking the mask that he wore off his head and he bows to the crowd as well. "Thank you! Thank you for coming tonight! Enjoy your evening!" He cheers to them, leaning back enthusiastically as he speaks into the microphone.

Some time passes as Oscar waits and he listens in on the conversation that Krekras is having with the captain. The crowd are clearing out from the tavern, returning to their homes in the dead of night. The performers are packing their equipment away and Starla has already left to go home for the night. Oscar eavesdrops on the conversation between Blackridge and the Captain. "So do you know exactly where to find Vex?" Krekras inquires with his arms crossed.

"Our sources are undeniable. A survivor from the most recent wreck by his hands told us he was headed east from the bays of the Trebuxian Bay. The only spot of land close to that point are the Volcanic Chain Isles." The Captain continues, his mace set on the table as he speaks to the Vanguard. Krekras scratches the stubble across his chin as he thinks about it. He exhales through his nostrils.

"I dunno, its dangerous going out there, Cap." Krekras tells him, but then the Captain cracks and he smashes his fist against the wooden table to get his attention.

"That bastard murdered my wife and children on that ship. Sunk the vessel to the depths and I never got say goodbye. I will get my vengeance, Blackridge, I don't care about the risks. Now are you gonna come with me?" The Captain snaps, and Krekras looks at him, and then he holds his hands up at the Captain to calm him.

"Calm yourself, Wymerus. I never said I was out, I was just letting you know that going there is a dangerous prospect. Not many people return from those isles due to the congregation of Grimm that live there. And hell, some say that it's cursed." Krekras explains to the Captain, telling the tales of this mysterious land.

"I know, I've also heard that only a Silver Eyed Warrior can open the gateway of storms." Wymerus says back to him.

"Well, it's a good thing that a very close friend of mine is in fact a Silver Eyed Warrior. I can find him and recruit him, if you like." Krekras says with a simple shrug of his shoulders. Captain Wymerus waits a couple moments and then he answers.

"Alright, see if he will help. It must mean, though, that Vex must have a Silver Eyed Warrior of his own." Wymerus states.

"We can handle that when we get to it. I've fought worse than Silver Eyed Warriors." He explains.

"Just try not to become something worse than them." Wymerus asks.

"No promises." Krekras chuckles, taking a swig of his tankard of mead. He sets the tankard down on the wooden table and he exhales. "So – when do we head out on the seas?" Krekras asks him.

"A week's time, we're gonna need all the provisions and fighters we can. I trust you and those Vanguard friends of yours can handle it, but we still need fodder." Wymerus explains, a cold ideal he has on his mind. Shows how desperate he has become for something so simple as revenge. Vengeance...is it possible? Could Wymerus be the Knight of Vengeance? The Defeated Knight? The only Knight to have found peace in the afterlife?

Krekras nods his head. "The Dauntless, understood. We'll be there in the coming week." He says as he stands up, holding his sword after picking it up and off the table. He connects the scabbard to his magnetic strip that runs down his back, and he leaves the tavern. Wymerus stays inside, drinking out of his tankard. Oscar keeps his hazel eyes on his, he has blue eyes, and he does not seem to notice the Traveller.