Chapter 33 - The Traveller's Journey - Pt. 1

Oscar

Oscar remains seated on the back of the saddle behind Krekras Blackridge. The air in Arkhoni times feels so different, so much cleaner than what it is now. And yet it feels warmer as well, it seems as if over time the climates have changed dramatically. He does not really recognise where he is, for thousands of years have passed. The surroundings have morphed greatly. The ocean crashes against the Cliffside beneath them, the horse however does not seem troubled by the perilous drop a couple feet from it. The water is a deep sapphire blue, whales singing in the seas as they move through. But in the distance there are Grimm as well, types that they've never seen. The ones that flock around the shores are massive bat like creatures, wings with bones protruding through the black membrane. Their eyes glowing afire, screeches echoing for miles as they feast on the corpses of those in the shipwreck. Oscar watches the huge bats, but when they get closer, his eyes are drawn to a magnificent beauty.

The trees seem to part open, revealing the city of Arkhonex before him. He gasps with amazement, he may still be struggling to see at the moment due to his concussion, but he can clearly see the enormous city, buildings on the land and built into the cliff faces. Huge expansions of emerald green fields stretch across the hills and the farmlands in the distance, sheep and cattle moving around faintly. Specks of white that wander around and graze on the grass. The city is also one stunning sight as well, for it has so many unique colours to it. From reds to oranges to browns. The sun shines bright in the sky; the morning is incredible to set eyes on. And this appears to simply be the docks of the city. Huge barges and ferries preparing to set sail. "Welcome to the City of Arkhonex." Krekras announces, looking at the beautiful place, his hand near the sword that is sheathed on his belt. The belt currently attached to the saddle, along with other precious valuables. Such as potion vials, vials of many forms of dust, ammunition for his crossbow and bow that he has on him as well. He is ready to fight anything, clearly some sort of hunter as well. One that seems to be skilled at killing Grimm.

Kragen clearly said that this was a time long before the creation of Huntsmen; perhaps he is the first one before they were made an order. Simply a man who was paid to kill monsters, he has bags of coin as well. Oscar does not, however, recognise the form of currency. Shiny trinkets that are sold to the bidders for things. Unlike the lien cards that exist in the current day. Oscar feels the brush of the cold air against his face, and when he turns in the direction of which he felt it, he sees something there for a brief second.

A man...

Not time, someone else. The only thing he managed to make out was that he was bald. As a mirage would, he disappeared relatively quickly. He does not have time to think on who that could have been, for the horse enters the gates that open up on the cliff face. "Doubt you've ever seen such a beautiful place in your life, right? Must have been living out in the Trebuxian Farmlands or the Anxuarian Desert, am I right?" Krekras asks Oscar, completely flabbergasting him. These places...he has never heard of them, although the locations do sound a little bit like places back home. Anima is a large continent and is usually used for farming, and Vacuo is Remnant's largest desert area, so perhaps those are the areas. He was born in Mistral, so perhaps that is his best bet. He needs to seem like he has come from this time, not the future.

"Trebuxian Farmlands." Oscar answers quietly, still dazed from the concussion. Krekras nods his head up and down, seemingly understanding the answer.

"I thought so, seemed like it from the grooves in your hands." He says, causing Oscar to examine his hands. They do have calluses across the palms from the work on the farm back home with his Aunt...who might not be his aunt at all anymore. He then looks at the Knight that rides him towards the city.