Chapter 38 - A Suicide Mission

Jaune

"She's alive..." Jaune gasps with disbelief, his eyes agape where he walks with Sun and Blake in the Headquarters of Raven's Warrior home. He looks down at the floor as he walks, hand still gripped tight on the hilt of Crocea Mors. He cannot get the thought of Pyrrha's Survival being possible out his head. "It was her, she looked right at me, all three of us, and she didn't even know us..." Jaune mutters with confusion.

"How is this even possible? Ruby said that she was dead, she saw it happen. No way she could have come back." Sun explains with scepticism in his voice, many people forget that Sun did wait for him whilst the rest were put on the ship to return. He did not leave any of them behind. Sun was the one waiting when Weiss came back and Qrow returned, carrying his daughter back there with defeated eyes. Jaune with him as well, crushed and depressed from is failure.

But not anymore.

Sun seems to be distrusting in this situation, with good reason, but Jaune has come up with a theory. One that he shared with Kragen Nox when they first met him in the first place.

"The Relic of Creation...they must have used that Relic to bring her back to life so then they could...use her skills." He theorises on the spot on the possible explanation of what is happening right now. The Creation Relic was the one that Mistral Harboured once, and Knowledge was taken from Ozpin's Cane. Both of which they still have in their hands at Salem's Sanctum. And Choice is at the Volcanic Chain Isles, and Destruction is buried somewhere in Atlas where it can be kept safe. And with Jacque Schnee, Darren Ortega and the Acolytes of Lien controlling the Kingdom, the odds are not in their favour. Sun sighs, shaking his head.

"How are you feeling, Jaune? This – this can't be easy to take in." Blake presumes, her hand on her shoulder where a bandage has been strapped on along with an icepack. Her wound is healing up nicely; hopefully the same can be said for Yang and Kassius, especially Yang from her encounter with the Spectre. Jaune sighs, his head still down at the floor as he walks with them.

"I don't know...part of me is – I don't think words can describe how happy it makes me to see her face again – but at the same time I am afraid. She never had orange eyes, they were always green." He explains, stopping at turning to his two friends. Sun crosses his arms behind his head and lean against the wall. Blake stands on the other side of the hall with one leg bent back and her heel pressed against the wall, looking at him.

"You think one of them used that Relic to control her? We have no clue of how much power those things might have. If they are even nearly as powerful as Qrow has been telling us, then who's to say that they cannot manipulate someone into controlling them?" Sun suggests, waving his hands around as he explains each possible scenario.

"That's what I am worried about." Jaune agrees. Sun smiles and he walks over to his friend, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Well, no matter what. I've gotcha back, pal." Sun promises, nodding and then walking away. Blake smiles and she wraps her arms around him, and he hugs her as well.

"All of us will. We're family." Blake says tenderly, walking away from Jaune and following her boyfriend. Jaune smiles back and then he stands by the wall for a couple of moments. All that rattles in that brain of his is what Pyrrha claimed her name to be. Death.

Did Death do this? Did he bring her back from the land of the fallen to serve him? Call herself by his title?

He is never going to find such answers from just standing around like a lemon. He sheathes his sword finally, and then he walks away. Dropping something that he was carrying the whole time. The voice changer and mouth protector of the Onyx Phantom. Not like she needs it anymore, for the shroud of the Phantom has been destroyed once and for all. They may not realise it yet, but the Onyx Phantom was truly two individuals. Pyrrha Nikos and Neopolitan.