Chapter 36 - The Spectre and the Phantom

Yang

Yang pushes her hands against the floor when she stands back up, keeping her lilac eyes on the Spectre as he stands before her. He is much taller than she is, and wears an Exo-Suit that makes the one that Kassius wears look pathetic in comparison. Comprised of thousands of intricate pieces of titanium armour and dust charges through the armour itself. His armour seems very similar to that of the Onyx Phantom's as well, with a fabric like metal alloy in the shape of a trench coat is built into his armour. The helmet plates have folded and shifted away into the metal collar around his neck. His metal hook hand is outwards and in the other hand is a Chrome Revolver, loaded with different dust rounds. Kassius stands there and he keeps his swords at the ready when he watches the Spectre. "You were there at the town we saved..." He realises with wide eyes, recognising his face. "That captain..."

"Good eyes, Kassius. Good to see that those scars didn't screw up your vision." He scoffs, looking at Kassius. Kassius scowls when he glares at the man, and he paces back and forth before them. He lifts up the hook hand when glaring at Yang, the light in the sky reflects off the shiny weapon, some scratches on the metal from where he slammed the hook into the wheel of her bike. "You like this? Your buddy, Jaune Arc, gave me it...I'm looking for some payback." The Spectre growls.

"You won't lay a finger on Jaune." Kassius promises.

"You can't stop me...because you won't be leaving this road alive." He assures. Yang smirks and laughs a little at him.

"You scratched Bumblebee's paint...you shouldn't have done that." Yang says, cheekily tilting her head as she says it, pointing at him with his metal arm. The Spectre looks back over his shoulder at the trashed bike and then at her.

"You named your Bike? How cute...and wasteful." He snarls, pulling the hammer of his revolver back and loading a round into the chamber. "Just like that pretty face of yours." He states, pointing the barrel of the revolver directly at her. Kassius springs to action and he slashes Lash Equinox directly at his arm, until he sees the hook connecting to the blade and pulling him with force, throwing him onto the floor. Kassius quickly kicks the Mercenary in the head and he grunts, staggering back from the impact, giving Yang the time to spin round and deliver a hard uppercut to the Onyx Phantom behind her. The hooded Mysterious Woman exclaims through her voice changer, sounding metallic from her grunt. Yang swings her cybernetic arm at the warrior again and then the Phantom holds her hand outwards, and her Telekinesis stops her arm in her tracks, bending parts of the metal at times. She then jumps in the air and kicks her in the chest, knocking Yang on the ground.

Kassius rolls aside as the Spectre slams his hook hand down into the ground with force, the curved blade stabs into the pavement with force, cracks spreading out from the impact. He growls with anger from the situation, ripping the hook from the floor and slashing straight at the Huntsman again, a red trail leaving the hook as he swings it hard and fast. He then points the revolver at Kassius and starts to fire it at him over and over again. Kassius skilfully spins his swords around like propellers at the bullets, deflecting them away from hitting them and then he fires Vulcan Nox at the Spectre, a round glances off his chest plate. The Spectre jumps in the air and raises the hook up and brings it down with force, the blade stabs straight through Kassius' cybernetic shoulder. Kassius roars with pain from the injury, sparks leaking out from the stab wound and a couple of shards of metal have broken off too. He pulls Kassius with the cybernetic arm and thwacks his head into a tree, hard as well. Bits of bark snap off and they fall onto the floor. The Spectre pulls his hook from the shoulder of the Huntsman and he points the barrel of his pistol at the back of his head. "End of the line, Huntsman." He growls. Kassius grits his teeth with anger, a faint red glow behind his amber eyes. He grabs the Revolver that belongs to the Mercenary and he jumps in the air.