They're Just Shitty Feelings

This is technically a sequel to I Even Like His Shitty Hair but by no means do you have to have read it to understand anything that happens in this story. Although, I'd highly recommend it.

I never expected this to be read (and re-read) so many times so I didn't get around to editing it quickly. Then before I knew it, there was 15K comments.

I actually decided not to edit it because doing so unlinks all the comments and some of them are just too much fun to lose.

But, if bad grammar offends your sensibilities like it does mine, you can find it on AO3 under the same name where it's edited properly.

———————————————————————

Kirishima tried his suit on once more just to make sure everything was perfect for the wedding.

He was excited for his friend to be getting married. Denki had proposed to Kyoka the previous year and had asked him to be his groomsman and of course Kirishima had accepted without hesitation. He was just so happy for the two of them.

He knew Bakugou was invited to the wedding but whether he'd come or not was another thing entirely. He hadn't seen him in person for over a year and as much as he missed his best friend, his heart still ached whenever he thought of him. It ached for the time they'd had together and it ached for what could have been.

They'd shared an amazing couple of years dating at UA, the best years Kirishima could remember really, but after they graduated, they'd had to go their separate ways. Bakugou had taken a job at a big name hero office in Higashi ward all the way up on the north island while Kirishima went west to sidekick at Fat Gum's Agency.

They had tried to make it work but the distance had just proved too much on top of the strain from their work. They both worked long hours that rarely lined up which prevented them from being able to talk to each other for any meaningful period of time. After being around each other almost constantly for the first three years, the sudden lack of communication was something they both didn't deal with well. Not being there when the other was injured or stressed had lead to constant worry.

They both knew that distractions could be fatal in their line of work and Kirishima wouldn't let his boyfriend be distracted. Not when it was such a risk.

Kirishima finally made the brutal decision to be friends while there was so much distance between them in the hope that Bakugou would throw himself headfirst into his work. The faster Bakugou climbed the ranks, the faster he could open his own agency anywhere he wanted. Kirshima just had to hope he wouldn't be forgotten in the mean time.

To his relief, Bakugou had actually remained his friend. They rarely went a week without talking in one way or another but it was still so hard. There was so much more that he wanted to say to him but he knew he never could, not while they were so far apart. Bakugou needed to focus on his career and Kirishima would let him do that, no matter how much it hurt.

He looked at his reflection in the mirror as he started to take off his suit again, at least he would look nice when he saw Bakugou again, if he made it to the wedding.

Bakugou looked at the line of photos taped to his wall, the only decoration he'd bothered to put up in his apartment. It was taken right before they had graduated, they both wore their hero costumes and Kirishima had his arm slung around Bakugou's shoulders wearing one of his toothy grins. The same smile that used to reassure him that everything would be okay, now it just hurt to look at.

God he missed that idiotic, too bright smile. There was a time that he thought he'd see that smile every day for the rest of his life but that wasn't how it had turned out.

Bakugou had always had a single minded focus on becoming the number one hero and never let anything stand in his way, even moving to the other side of the fucking country to take a job at a top hero agency.

Now he seemed to be well on his way to becoming number one along with that Icy-hot bastard and fucking Deku, tch. At least he'd finally made that borrowed quirk his own, he held a kind of grudging respect for the nerd, not that he'd admit that out loud.

Being number one still held the same appeal that it always had but the price he was paying for it was pretty fucking steep.

His eyes refocused on the photos taped there and he swallowed as he looked at the next one, he was sitting in front of an ugly birthday cake that Kirishima had made for him, Bakugou had a trademark scowl on his face but it was hard to miss the amusement in his eyes as he looked at his boyfriend.

He quickly turned away from the rest of the photos. Some days they were reminders of good times but today they were reminders of what could have been. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and fished it out, seeing a message from the red head he'd just been thinking about.

'Yo Blasty! You're coming for the wedding aren't ya? If you need a place to stay, you can stay with me, man.'

'Man' Bakugou didn't like that word one bit. There had been a time when he'd teased him into not using it anymore, instead he'd used a dumb pet name that Bakugou secretly loved instead. Kat. It had been too long since he'd heard it.

Kirishima had used it less and less in the first few months after they had split and then one day he had stopped entirely. He looked down at his phone and shot back a quick message. 'Yes, Shitty Hair, I'm coming. Already booked a place'

Bakugou had received the shitty wedding invitation a couple of months ago and RSVP'd that he would go. He'd booked in the leave with the agency intending to take only the weekend but admin had told him to take longer since he hadn't used a single leave day since he'd started.

The stupid tight feeling hadn't left his throat since he'd booked his flights. He was nervous and he fucking hated being nervous. He'd see Kirishima in person for the wedding. Even though they talked often, seeing him in person would be so much harder. He didn't know how to be just friends with him in person. He'd avoided any jobs that would take him south, fearing that he'd run into him.

He'd never gotten over Kirishima, probably because they'd stayed friends and kept in contact. He'd lost his boyfriend but he couldn't lose his best friend too. Part of him hadn't really tried to get over him and probably never would. He hadn't even looked at anyone since they'd broken up.

He knew his heart belonged to Eijirou.

It always fucking would.

Even if the read head didn't want it.