Home

As Kirishima lay in bed after the ball he found himself reflecting on the week. He smiled as he thought of how easily they had slipped into a rhythm of doing things together and how naturally they still wordlessly communicated. But he was worried about what tomorrow held, they were finished and would be going home.

Bakugou was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow and slept easily in Kirishima's arms, exhausted but content. Neither of them were rostered on tomorrow so they were checking out early and heading home.

Home.

It seemed like a bleak idea after spending the last week with Kirishima and the last few hours tangled in his arms.

What even was home now? It was a house without Eijirou. He didn't want that at all but he knew Eijirou didn't want any more than what they'd been doing these last couple of days. He was the one to call it off in the first place and Bakugou wasn't about to suggest they start something that would only end anyway when Kirishima decided it was too much.

He miserably threw his clothes into his suitcase and went to collect his things from the bathroom.

Kirishima had noticed Bakugou retreating in on himself but he didn't know how to stop it. He figured it was his way of showing him that he was ready to leave again, pulling away so it didn't hurt so much.

When Bakugou came back from the bathroom he looked even more dejected, scowling at his toothbrush as he jammed it into his bag.

Kirishima wanted to ease some of this tension before it became too much, "So, uh, you heading home from here or going back to see your parents?" He asked and knew he'd failed to keep the hopeful tone out of his voice.

Bakugou turned from where he was zipping up his case to look at him, "Well the lease is finished on my room in your building but I still have another week of leave. I'll be damned if I spend it with my fucking parents though so, yeah, I'll probably go to the train station from here."

Kirishima tentatively smiled at him and he had a brief flash of doubt, the hesitation making him trip over his words, "Oh, do you, ah, want to maybe, stay with me?" Smooth, Eijirou, real smooth, he thought to himself as he heard how stupid he sounded.

The corner of Bakugou's mouth ticked up for the first time that morning. The red haired loser was nervous and it was fucking endearing. Maybe he wasn't sick of him just yet after all. "Yeah, I mean, if that's okay?" The thought of prolonging this, what ever it was, brightened his mood a little.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't want you to, Kat." Kirishima returned with a small smile this time, his unease replaced with happiness at Bakugou's acceptance of his offer.

They arrived at Kirishima's apartment just after lunch. Bakugou dumped his bag on the couch and Kirishima watched in amusement as he huffed a little while testing the comfort of his couch again.

Kirishima dumped his own bag near the door and headed toward the kitchen. He paused in the doorway and turned back to him, "You don't have to sleep on the couch, you know. We've been sharing a bed anyway, you might as well sleep with me." He said before he slipped through the door to rummage through the pantry.

Bakugou turned to look at him but heard the fridge door open and smiled to himself instead. Of course he'd go looking for food the minute they got home.

He shook his head, he couldn't think of Kirishima's apartment as home. It most certainly wasn't his home. Sharing the space was going to be much more intimate than just sharing a hotel room. He hoped he was ready for this.

He followed Kirishima to the fridge where he was seemingly waiting for food to appear and wrapped his arms around his waist. He whispered in his ear, "Is there room for me in your bed?" He kissed just under his ear, "With all the room your stuffed toys take up."

Kirishima huffed, "If you were gonna tease me about liking it then you never should have bought it for me in the first place." But the way his body melted against Bakugou's really undermined the cranky tone of his words and Bakugou pressed his lips together to stop from laughing.

"So you'll make room for me then?" Bakugou teased huskily against his ear.

"There'll always be room for you, Kat."

It went quiet and Kirishima mentally kicked himself until he caught a single word spoken so softly he wasn't sure if he'd actually heard it or not.

"Good."

They spent the afternoon laying around, neither of them feeling like doing much after their big week. That was until Kirishima got hungry again, "Hey, Kat?" He called out from the kitchen again, "We have no food. Do you feel like going shopping or do you wanna go out to eat?"

Bakugou turned his attention from the television to Kirishima who had reentered the room, leaning against the doorway, shoulder propped against the doorframe and arms casually crossed over his chest.

At that moment, it struck Bakugou just how much older Eijirou was. He had a quiet confidence that radiated from him now, a contentment within himself that some people failed to find. He silently wondered when that had happened and whether he had changed just as much as Eijirou.

Kirishima was smirking at him with an eyebrow raised in question and Bakugou realised he'd spent far too long wandering through his own head. "Let's go shopping tomorrow, I actually can't be bothered cooking. Where's good to eat around here?"

"How fancy do you feel like eating?" Kirishima asked.

Bakugou scoffed, "Do I look fancy to you?" He indicated his grey sweat pants and black tank as he reclined on Kirishima's couch, feet crossed at the ankles, head on the arm rest.

"You look perfect." The words fell from his mouth before his brain had a chance to catch up and his face turned pink in embarrassment.

Luckily, it seemed Bakugou didn't think anything of it because he just smiled softly in return and put one hand back behind his head, a pose he knew all too well that Kirishima loved.

Kirishima ran his eyes over his body appreciatively and had to physically hold himself back from going and laying on top of him.

Bakugou smirked again, sensing the internal struggle Kirishima was having and feeling a sense of satisfaction that he could do that to him. Wanting to push his limit, he lazily scratched at his stomach with his free hand, letting the fabric ride up a few inches as he asked, "What do you feel like eating?"

Kirishima swallowed as he watched, a thin sliver of Katsuki's toned stomach capturing his attention, "Ah I don't know, whatever you want is fine."

Bakugou's eyes drifted back to him and he smirked, "I can think of a few things."

Kirishima ripped his gaze away from Bakugou's skin that was showing above the waistband of his pants and his cheeks heated again, thoroughly caught staring.

Bakugou continued to smirk at him, proud that he could make him so easily flustered and had to exert a huge amount of self control to keep himself laying on that couch.

Kirishima recovered quickly enough, throwing a wink in his direction, "Maybe for dessert. I'm actually hungry and as much as I want what you're offering, I'm gonna starve if I don't eat something soon."

Bakugou snorted, part at his dessert remark and part at his dramatics but swung his legs off the couch and stood up, "Where are we going? Do I need to get dressed?"