Can This End Well?

"Come dance!" Kirishima said excitedly.

"I don't dance." Bakugou replied stoically.

"We both know that's not true." Kirishima smirked but quickly followed it up with "Come on, I've even seen Todoroki and Midoriya dancing! Shoto's actually pretty good. Who would have thought!?"

The look on Kirishima's face stopped the refusal he was about to fire back so he swiped a glass of champagne from a tray of a passing waiter and downed it. "If those two bastards can dance then I guess I can too." He muttered, not wanting to disappoint his friend.

"That's the spirit!" Kirishima laughed as he followed him onto the dance floor.

There was a fun energetic song playing when they reached the other dancers and Bakugou was actually starting to enjoy himself as they moved to the music. But that could have just been the champagne.

Over Bakugou's shoulder, Kirishima watched Mina approach the band and request a song. He shot her a pleading look but she just returned it with a subtle thumbs up. The next song started and everyone on the dance floor started partnering up for the slower tune and Kirishima suppressed his groan, there was no way that this could end well. What was he supposed to do?

Bakugou looked at Kirishima, hoping the panic he was feeling wasn't showing on his face. He went to turn around to go back to his seat when he felt a hand on his upper arm pulling him back and a voice close to his ear. "Dance with me."

The words flew out of Kirishima's mouth before his stupid brain could catch up with what he was saying. Instead of trying to take them back, he just covered his panic with a wide smile and offered his hand. It wasn't that weird to dance with your best friend anyway, was it?

Bakugou was never able to say no to that stupid smile so he reluctantly put his hand in his and stepped closer to him. Kirishima tentatively put his hands on Bakugou's waist while Bakugou reached up to place his hands on Kiri's shoulders. Of all the stupid fucking cute shit Kirishima could have done, he'd never expected him to ask him to dance like this.

This was a fucking stupid idea.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked anywhere but at Kirishima's face as he tried to tell his heart to calm down because it wasn't anything more than a dance.

He snuck a quick look at Kirishima who didn't look like he was having the same fucking existential crisis that he was. How was he so okay with this? His own heart was about to thump right out of his damn chest. He hesitantly looked up and met his eyes and Kirishima gave him a tentative smile. He looked almost nervous. Maybe he wasn't as okay with this as he'd first thought, just better at hiding his emotions than he used to be. Bakugou tried to swallow his heart back down into his chest as Kirishima's grip tightened on his hips when he was bumped by another couple dancing behind him.

His eyes refocused on Kirishima's and he knew he should have been alarmed when the music started to fade from his ears. Apparently he was determined to make a fucking fool of himself because he reached out his thumb to softly stroke the skin under Kirishima's ear.

God, what was he doing? He couldn't do this again. He wasn't about to sign himself up for another broken heart. Kirishima was his friend and he needed to fucking act like it. He looked down at the floor and wrenched his hand back, should he apologise or act like it didn't happen? But he realised Kirishima had definitely felt what he'd done judging by the way his eyes had fluttered closed.

He pulled his hands away and quickly spun away, heading toward the exit ahead of him. He couldn't handle this. He took a quick look back toward the dance floor to see how upset he'd made him but he only saw the red head making his way through the door on the other side of the room.

Kaminari found Bakugou sitting at a table outside with a scowl on his face.

"What are you lookin' all obnoxious for, Blasty?" Kaminari asked as he swaggered over, taking the seat next to him. "It's a wedding, aren't you supposed to be all loved up or something? Everyone else is!"

"Tch. You're as pleasant as always, Sparky. I guess I'm happy for you or whatever." Bakugou replied.

Kaminari looked at him with wide eyes not quite believing the nice words he'd heard "Oh wow, something's really got you in a twist. Maybe you are all loved up."

Bakugou looked at him out the side of his eye "Don't push your luck."

"So ah, you talked to Kiri? Kyoka said she saw you two dancing but I didn't believe it. Like, dancing together." Kaminari pressed.

Bakugou huffed "Yes, we talked and yes we danced. Ok?"

Kaminari's eyes widened "Can I ask why? I'm not trying to be rude but you're just friends aren't you?"

"Because I'm a fucking idiot, alright?" Bakugou muttered under his breath but only shrugged as a reply to Kaminari's question.

Kaminari sighed and got up to leave but he turned back toward him "Don't go breaking his heart again, man. I don't think he'll be able to put it back together if you do."

Bakugou glared back at him "You think I don't know that?" He replied fiercely.

"You too, Deku?" Bakugou grunted as Midoriya approached him only a few minutes after Kaminari had retreated inside, he'd had just about enough of this.

"Oh hey, Kacchan, s-sorry, what?" He replied, with wide eyes.

"Have you come to talk to me about Kirishima as well?" Bakugou questioned.

"Oh, no actually. I came to talk to you about a job." He said, still looking mildly confused.

"Well that's a nice fucking change."

Midoriya just looked back with confusion clear on his face.