Chapter 5: Steadfast

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung had never let anyone except his family touch him. He was way too scared of the alphas and even his father's officials at the palace who were only there for work. Then why can't he seem to push Jeongguk away, even when he still wants to go back to his palace. Why?

What was it? The scent? Maybe.

His handsome face? Muscular body? Or a kind heart? Or all of it, Taehyung didn't knew.

How did it started? Earlier because of a hug? Or when Jeongguk was by his side when he fell or when Jeongguk asked for a chance or from the start, the moment Taehyung laid his eyes on Jeongguk. It confuses Taehyung because he just don't know.

The omega who was scared to even be in the same room with a stranger was in arms of a person he barely knows. The omega whose danced in front of the menacing Alpha when he couldn't even speak to any other. Taehyung knows something is definitely different about Jeongguk.

So right now, he stands in the Alpha's embrace, eyes locked with him and heart threatening to beat out of his chest.

Jeongguk looks at Taehyung as if he is his whole world. Taehyung loves how Jeongguk's hold is gentle yet claiming. Taehyung's heart still hesitates to admit if Jeongguk can be the one he was looking for his entire life.

Taehyung breathes in content and closes his eyes when Jeongguk's hand traces his spine with a gentle touch that leaves tingles in its wake. Taehyung doesn't care if he is being submissive right now, you can't blame him, it's his nature. When an omega is handled with care, they let themselves be completely submissive.

Though Taehyung thinks he is an ordinary omega when in reality, he is a special one and right now, it might be a problem.

A low growl leaves Jeongguk's throat when Taehyung's faint arousal hits him. The omega pheromones can activate with the intimate touch and this time, Taehyung is making no effort to stop it.

Taehyung's eyes snap open when Jeongguk jerks him towards himself, his grip tightens on Taehyung's hips and the omega whines. Jeongguk is breathing heavily as he brings his face closer to Taehyung's neck and breathes in Taehyung's scent.

The omega whimpers when Jeongguk's hold becomes a little painful and Jeongguk handles him a little roughly. 

"Jeongguk?--" Taehyung calls as he tries to push Jeongguk away. Taehyung's eyes widen when Jeongguk looks up-----eyes bright red.

Jeongguk brings his one hand on Taehyung's chest and Taehyung tries to scurry away from the grip. Jeongguk's hand lowers and Taehyung hits Jeongguk's chest.

"Stop." Taehyung says, eyes filled with tears.

Jeongguk immediately halts. He stares at Taehyung with his red eyes as they slowly fade to his natural brown colour. Jeongguk jerks away his hand and stands away from Taehyung when he realises what he has done.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung whispers, trying to assure the Crown Prince but he steps back and eventually runs out of the ballroom, leaving Taehyung hurt, confused and crying.

----------------------

"I missed you so much hyungie. I was waiting for you." Taehyung says, hugging his older brother who just returned.

"I missed you too Taetae. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you arrived." Seokjin utters, hugging his brother tightly.

"I hope you liked it so far here in Haethon Taehyung." Namjoon says and Taehyung nods. Jeongguk greets the couple as well, completely ignoring Taehyung.