Chapter 7: Doleful

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung was restless. He still had that horrible feeling feeling In the pit of his stomach and it wasn't just going away. Even when Seokjin assured him their father is alright, though he wasn't sure but what could've happened? Seokjin lets Taehyung be by himself as Taehyung requested.

Taehyung couldn't sleep. He just don't know why he misses his family so much. After having that dream about his father, he just couldn't be at peace.

Everything will be fine, don't worry. Taehyung assures himself but his heart can't agree.

--------------------

Two days later, Namjoon, Jeongguk and Hoseok stand in the King's chambers. Jaehwan holds a royal letter in his hand.

"Father, is everything alright?" Namjoon asks when he notices the distress and sadness on his father's face.

"No son, nothing is alright." Jaehwan says and the three males frown. Jaehwan hands the letter to Namjoon who reads it out loud. Though the moment the news reach their ears, they are utterly shocked.

"How? How can this be?" Namjoon mutters.

"The palace was attacked at night. Yoongi wrote that Wongjae was there for Taehyung and he found out he isn't there, he killed Sehyun but ended dead himself too."

"Why did he wanted prince Taehyung?" Jeongguk asks.

"It's not written." Jaehwan sighs. "Seokjin and Taehyung need to know this and please, take good care of them, they will be heartbroken to know this." Jeongguk and Namjoon nod.

"We might have to travel to Mariana but for now, we need to handle how Taehyung and Seokjin will react."

Jeongguk remembers Taehyung asking about his father all the time. How did he knew? Everyone should've listened to him.

Jeongguk knows he doesn't have it in him to go and tell Taehyung about his father's death but he has to. The physician said Taehyung needs to adapt to happy environment and get healthy but this news will leave him in a big shock.

Taehyung was in the library as Jeongguk enters. Taehyung looks up from the book at Jeongguk and then continues reading.

"Prince Taehyung." The way Jeongguk calls his name makes Taehyung nervous all of the sudden, it's so heavy.

Taehyung looks at him and Jeongguk walks closer. Taehyung was about to step back but Jeongguk grabs his wrist lightly.

"There is something you need to know." Jeongguk says as he brings Taehyung closer to him.

"What?" Taehyung asks, Jeongguk's expression is not helping at all.

"Just please don't----It's---It's---".

"What is it. You're scaring me." Taehyung utters. The omega wasn't feeling good.

"Yoongi-ssi wrote a letter." Jeongguk starts.

"Oh? What did it say? Is-is everyone okay." Taehyung asks hopefully and Jeongguk hates how he will have to break it.

"The palace was attacked at night." Taehyung pales when Jeongguk says those words.

"And?" Taehyung manages to ask.

"Your father, he was attacked and killed." Jeongguk said because there was no point in delaying the news now.

"W-What? What are you sa-saying?" Taehyung says, breathing uneven.

"I'm sorry." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung instantly steps away.