Chapter 20: Bond

Ignore the mistakes plz :) Boring

Third Person POV

Taehyung wasn't the one who did something wrong. He was the victim of the attack yet standing in the middle of the court room, surrounded by the royalty, ministry and the consulate, he felt like he has done something really wrong and was being interrogated now.

But Taehyung was confident. Being a little nervous is normal and he was but when he realised that Jeongguk, his mother and brothers are here with him, he felt really confident and ready to answer any objection thrown at him.

Taehyung starts, telling them that he wanted some fresh air so he went to the balcony and then he was attacked. Taehyung describes what he saw about the attacker. Long hair in a ponytail, masked face and taller than him.

Taehyung takes a deep breath and calms himself because he feels horror for a moment when he remembers that night. Jeongguk was ready to walk up to him whenever he would feel like Taehyung needs him but he believes that Taehyung will be alright.

"This is why this marriage shouldn't take place." The man from the consulate utters and Jeongguk gritts his teeth but Hoseok holds him before he could do anything.

It's Taehyung who will be answering every question thrown at him. Taehyung prepares himself for anything.

"The marriage has nothing to do with this." Taehyung answers, careful with his words.

"The palace security is so tight, how can the attacker even escape." Lee says, trying to sound upset.

"Or the attacker can be someone from the palace, who knows." Taehyung slightly grins when he hears the gasps from he audience.

"Prince Taehyung, are you saying that our King's people are the ones who tried to kill you? You are accusing the royalty here." The consultant exclaims.

"I never said that but it can be possible, don't you think? If no one is able to catch him yet, it means he is someone highly trained and it can either be the guard, the army or some assassin." Taehyung answers easily and the consultant gets more angry.

"This has happened to you, who knows it might happen to our Crown Prince as well. All of this because of a stupid marriage." A lady minister speaks and Jeongguk's growl startle everyone. Taehyung looks at his Alpha and sees him furious.

"You are disrespecting a king's decision. How dare you." Yoona states, getting up from her seat. The lady immediately apologises and bows.

Seokjin makes his mother sit down and to not speak and to let Taehyung handle everything. If the marriage wasn't a day later, Jeongguk surely would've killed the ministry and consulate himself.

Right now, they can't possibly anger the ministry or else they will go against the law and the war may break. Jaehwan tries to stay calm and collected in the whole session. Haethon's ministry is evil and even after being insulted, they won't shut up.

"I don't know why you think this marriage will bring chaos to this kingdom and I don't even want to know but it's not your decision to make. Your king holds power over you and when he has no objections then neither of you are at a place to object it." Taehyung says and Jeongguk is once again surprised by his mate and proud too.

"You can't deny that you'll only bring difficulties in this kingdom. You being an omega, a rather special one makes you an easy target for Haethon's enemies and they would do anything to claim you." The consultant says and Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. Of course he knows there will be complications due to this marriage and not to mention the nightmare too but Taehyung wants this and he won't just step away just because of this stupid ministry and consulate.