𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

PROLOGUE

THE box rumbled underneath her limp body. The brunette girl lay unconscious as small rays of artificial light waved over her tan skin. The girl quickly snapped open her eyes as she quickly sat up. There was this feeling of drowning that made her body tired and cold. She could feel the water rising in her throat quickly.

The girl turned over and began coughing up the water. It rained through the rusty floor of the cage-like box. She could see darkness underneath. She began hitting the ground with her fist. "Hello? Hey is someone there? Help me!" She shouted. The sound of the metal squeaking against metal was all she could hear. The sound of her voice was foreign to her. It was hoarse and her throat burned.

The brunette began looking around, she saw crates stacked in the corner, letters printed on them. She studied the five letters, WCKED. She furrowed her eyebrows as there was an itch in her brain as if she knew what they were but couldn't remember. She began to realize, she couldn't remember anything at all. She couldn't remember her name, her parents, where she came from, what was happening, where she was going, nothing. Nothing at all.

The girl looked up trying to see where she was going, standing up in the process. She could see a line of light at the top. She realized that was the top and the box was still going upwards. "Hello?!" She screamed. "Hello?! Is anybody there?! Please! Help me!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, making her throat burn even more, but she could care less.

The box came to an abrupt stop making the small girl tumble backwards. The darkness was flushed out of the small space, blinding the girl. She cowered into the corner and shielded her eyes with her hand. The brunette could see shadows beginning to block the sun all around.

The top of the rusty box opened up and a person jumped inside, making the whole thing shake. The girl flinched hearing their heavy feet land close to her. She peered up at the person, squinting as the sun still blinded her. "It's... a girl." An accent rang through the air, the voice deep. She heard various other voices of boys, but no girls.

The voices quieted down as another person jumped inside. The girl could see it was another boy. He had short blonde hair and... interesting shaped eyebrows. He squatted in front of her, seeming to study her features as if he'd never seen a girl in his life. Which really, he hadn't. "Have you never seen a girl before?" Her face stayed neutral, although it looked like she was scowling from squinting her eyes.

"No. Not that we can remember." The accented boy spoke up. The girl looked over to the other boy in confusion. She noticed he was also blonde, tall, he was sort of skinny.

"Can you remember anythin'?" Eyebrows questioned. The brunette averted her eyes back to the boy. She dug around in her brain but found absolutely nothing. She shook her head slowly.