𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙

CHAPTER SIX

KATHERINE laid, staring at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep. The sun had started going down and only a small section peeked over the ugly tall gray walls. There was something else on her mind. 

Her brain was so crowded with thoughts yet so empty of memories. Only some things she could remember. That woman's voice telling that WCKED is good, her drowning or something while these people in lab coats watched, and her name. 

But there was now a constant itch in her brain. It was because of Minho. She felt like she knew him for a long time but can only remember 'meeting' him a week ago. It was like knowing him was just on the tip of her tongue and it irritated her so much, making her want to scream. 

Thinking about all that, it made the girl tired. Her eyes felt heavy and she knew she had to sleep and that she would think of all it in the morning. She turned onto her side and pulled the blanket up to her chin. Katherine fell asleep almost instantly. 

Remember me, Katherine. Remember us. 

A voice echoed through her head. She was in some sort of filing room from what she could guess. There were various voices, a lot echoing and overlapping all at once. There were only a few she could hear clearly. 

I love you. I love you too.

The voices belonged to a boy and a girl. Katherine could recognize her own but the second one she couldn't quite put her finger on. 

Katherine, you can't trust them. 

I'm sorry, princess, but I have to go. We'll see each other soon I promise.

Katherine could feel this warmth ripped from her. She was surrounded by black and her head pounded as these words flew around her. She couldn't tell who this boy was, but she loved him. Or, she did love him. 

"Katherine, wake up!" The girl shot up, cold sweat coating her forehead in a thin layer. She panted, out of breath as if she just finished a marathon. She saw Newt beside her, concern covering his face. "You have a nightmare?" He questioned softly. 

She didn't want to tell him about her dream, or memory or whatever she just had so Katherine just nodded. She swallowed thickly, "Yeah." She breathed out. Newt just nodded and rubbed her back. 

"Want to talk about it?" He asked. She loved how Newt was so caring but she shook her head, not wanting to talk about whatever it was she just experienced. 

"No, it's ok. I'm fine." She smiled fakely. She knew Newt could see right through her, but he decided to not push it. He nodded and stood up clearing his throat.