𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

ANOTHER month went by in the Glade. The gladers agreed that every bonfire, Katherine would sing a song. She even started writing a few songs and sung during dinner while people ate just for fun. She enjoyed using her voice to bring smiles to people who were really only frowned because of their situation.

Minho and Katherine spent their days off together all day at the swimming pond that the brunette had discovered when she first arrived at the Glade. They had asked Alby if their days off could be the same days as each other's and he agreed.

They were expecting a greenie later today and Katherine was sort of excited for the greenie, desperately hoping it was a girl. She didn't mind being the only girl, but sometimes she wished there was another girl for her to talk to about girl problems.

"So, you giving the greenie the tour?" Newt asked smiling as he walked into the kitchen for breakfast. There wasn't really anyone up since he, Ably and the runners get up the earliest, along with Katherine since she always woke up when Minho did.

She nodded with a smile. "Yeah, hoping this month's greenie is a girl." She said hopefully making Newt chuckle.

"Fingers crossed." He put up his crossed index and middle finger with a grin. She nodded and turned around to grab his plate of food. She spun around on her heel and handed it to him a smile. "Thanks, love. See you around." He nodded and took his plate food out.

Another runner made his way into the kitchen area, the same one that had argued with Minho that day when Gally really got under her skin. He gave a small smile, the girl returning it. "Hey..." She trailed off, looking for his name.

"Johnny." He replied. She nodded and turned around to make a quick sandwich. "I'm actually not running today. It's my day off." He added quickly seeing Katherine making a sandwich.

"Wouldn't you want to sleep in?" She turned, handing him the sandwich anyway. "You can just have it for breakfast." She shrugged with a small giggle. Johnny chuckled, taking the sandwich gratefully.

"You would think so, but I'm used to waking up this early every morning so even if it's my day off I just wake up and can't go back to sleep." He shrugged. Katherine nodded. A comfortable silence floated around the small area as Johnny ate his sandwich and Katherine drawing invisible shapes on the wooden counter.

The boy finished his sandwich and sighed contently. "Thanks for the sandwich and I hope to see you around." He smiled. Katherine returned his smile.

"Yeah, hopefully." She nodded as Johnny walked away to go do whatever it is he did on his days off.

Frypan came in after a few hours, yawning but ready to start cooking breakfast for the rest of the gladers who were going to get up soon as well. They talked and joked as they cooked, Katherine's mind drifting back to Minho all the time.