𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE girl was extremely nervous. She was also excited about the bonfire and for the song. She was a little nervous to sing in front of Minho but she knew it would be ok. 

Newt had gotten a guitar that used to belong to a glader who had passed away a long time ago. She smiled and grabbed it. It felt normal to have in her hands, her fingers strumming the strings as if she had been playing for years. 

The Brit grinned at the girl. As she hummed, strumming the tune of the song in her head. "That sounds awesome. You're bloody good." He complimented. She grinned at her best friend. 

"Thanks. I'm sorta nervous to sing and play the guitar in front of people." She shrugged, lowering her voice. Katherine singing at the bonfire was a surprise for everyone there. She was practicing in her room. Newt took a seat next to her on her bed. 

"You'll do great. You're not even singing to me and I already can't get enough." He rolled his eyes dramatically. Katherine giggled and nudged his shoulder with her own. 

"Thanks." She grinned up at the blonde. 

"Anytime, love." He returned the grin. "I should go, but you'll do awesome, and don't be nervous." Newt pointed at the brunette as he got up and walked back to the door with his eyebrows raised. Katherine couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. 

"Ok, thanks, Newt. And I'll try." She chuckled, the boy grinned and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead like many times he's done before, he was like her older brother. Minho didn't seem to mind, but he would always kiss the girl a little longer than usual and his have arm around her waist, pulling her closer than usual. It always made her smile.

Once Newt left, she began strumming the guitar again and hummed. She hummed the song she sang to Frypan and strummed the tune. She smiled to herself and she closed her began to sing the words. And she let the song, words, tune fill inside her. She felt so happy and it really made her feel like she wasn't trapped inside a death maze. 

☱☲☴☲☱

Katherine walked with Minho, their hands intertwined. They wanted some time alone away from the Gladers before the bonfire. They were currently walking through the forest. "You excited for the bonfire?" Katherine grinned up at her boyfriend. 

"Yeah. It's the one time when the gladers actually have fun and forget about those four ugly walls and what's behind them." Minho sighed glancing down at the brunette. He grinned at her big bright brown eyes. 

"Yeah, me too." She looked forwards again watching the trees and everything else pass by the two. The sun was just barely peeking over the tall cracked dull gray walls, the last golden rays from the bright circle glistening in the Glade and poked through the bright green tree leaves.