𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

CHAPTER THREE

KATHERINE stood beside Frypan as they finished their last dish. The boys piled into the kitchen and Fry and Katina handed them a plate full of food. They smiled as they thanked the two for tasty looking food.

Gally grabbed his dish, a bruise on his cheek. He gave a nod to both not really making eye contact with the brunette. As soon as he left the cook smiled at Katherine. "That fight last night was awesome." He nudged the girl. She giggled.

"Someone had to teach Gally a lesson." She smiled proudly.

"Yeah, how'd you know how to fo all that?" Newt walked in and grabbed his plate, waiting for an answer. She shrugged.

"Dunno, I just did. It was kinda like muscle memory like I've learned to do all that before." She explained. Fry nodded seeming very interested. Newt gave a small chuckle.

"Well, let's just say all the boys have been talking about it." Newt laughed. Katherine held her head up high with a very proud smile.

"As they should." She mocked being all high mighty. Newt and Frypan laughed. "Well, I'm gonna head out and eat." She grabbed a plate of her own. Fry nodded.

"Just remember to come back for dishes." He pointed his finger at the girl. She rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on Newt, let's go eat." She dragged the British boy outside to tables. They both sat down, Katherine sat on the opposite side of Newt. "So, how was your day today?" She questioned taking a bite of her potatoes.

"It was the usual, boiling hot out and lots of digging." He answered. She nodded. "You?"

"It was good. I got to hang out with one of my best friends all day, which I usually do anyway. But still. It was good." She nodded. They ate in comfortable silence.

Chuck came skipping over with his food, eager to talk about the fight between Gally and Katherine the previous night. After Chuck vented about it, he told some of his funny stories and the three laughed as they finished their food.

Once they were done, Katina said she would take their plates to the kitchen since she was already going there anyway. "Thanks, love." Newt smiled. The Brit had begun to call her that a few days ago and it always made her smile.

"Yeah. I'll see you guys later?" She smiled. They nodded and left the table to get back to their jobs. They had a few hours before everyone finished up their job for the day. Katherine walked back into the kitchen and placed the plates down beside their wood sink.

"Should we just wait until everyone brings their plate in?" Fry asked.

"Sure why not, also it's your turn to wash." She smiled as Frypan groaned.