𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THOMAS told more and also about Teresa being a part of the creators as well. Newt gave him a big speech about how the people they were before the maze doesn't exist anymore and how they need to get out of the maze.

The six devised a plan to get through Gally and soon enough, the glades who sided with Gally came to get Thomas, Teresa and Katherine.

Thomas had faked being unconscious so he was being dragged by two boys while Teresa and Katherine were being held, their hands tied behind their backs. "This is such a waste," Gally muttered as Thomas was dropped to the ground.

"Gally. It doesn't feel right, man." Winston said. There three posts lined in front of the maze doors. Katherine glared at the blonde boy. More boys stepped in, saying how Thomas could be right.

"I think you should listen to what they're tellin' you, Gally," Katherine spoke up. Gally turned to her with a scowl. "What? If you're suddenly the leader now, you should listen to suggestions." She shrugged.

"I think you don't get to have an opinion, princess. You're apart of this mess." Gally pointed the tip of his knife at the girl. She didn't flinch, knowing Gally wouldn't do anything even if he hated her.

Minho stepped close to Gally. "You better watch yourself, shank." The runner threatened. Gally rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, man. She's already getting sent off to her death." Gally stepped back, his hands up in defence. Katherine rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically. "Sorry, does this bore you?" Gally raised his eyebrows up at the small girl.

"I can't say anything. Sorry." She smiled sarcastically, making Gally huff in frustration.

"I am so glad you're leaving." He shook his head with a small smirk. Katherine fake pouted.

"Wow. I am so heartbroken." She retorted sarcastically. Minho smirked, tilting his head down to hide it.

Gally rolled his eyes as gladers went on about Thomas having a point. "Listen. I don't want to have to cross any more names off that wall. This is our home." He spoke.

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa spoke up as the glader holding Katherine cut the ropes off her hands but held her arms behind her back anyway.

"No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering." Gally responded. Katherine looked at him weirdly as the glader slammed her into the pole and grabbed her wrists with one hand as he grabbed the rope above her head.

"What?! Gally!" Katherine yelled at him. Teresa and Katherine struggled against the gladers but by the time their hands were tied over their heads, they gave up.

"You really think I'm going to let Thomas back into the maze after what he's done? Look around you!" Katherine could feel the rope digging into her skin as the boy tightened it around her wrists. It took all Minho's strength to restrain himself from beating the boy to a pulp and cutting Katherine loose.

"Look at our Glade! This is the only way." Newt and Minho exchanged glances as Gally continued on. "And when the grievers get what they came for, everything goes back to the way it was.

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy." Katherine turned as much as she could, talking to the gladers. Gally turned and glared at her.

"You shut up," Gally demanded. Minho clenched his hands into fists.

"If you stay here, the grievers are going to come back. They're going to come back, and they're going to keep coming back until you're all dead." Katherine said once more, completely ignoring Gally. The girl stood mostly on her tip toes since she was extremely short.

"Shut up! Tie him up." Gally yelled. He had gotten tired with Katherine and couldn't wait to get rid of her. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" Gally yelled once again after seeing the boy hadn't listened to him.

The two boys began to pick Thomas up when he turned and elbowed one in the gut and punching him the face knocking him out cold as Newt pulled out his machete and hit the other one in the back of his head with the butt of the handle.

Katherine kicked the boy standing in front of her with her foot, sending to the boy down to the ground. Minho stopped Gally from moving, setting the blade of his machete down in the boy's shoulder.

Newt stepped in front of Gally as Minho rushed over to Katherine and cut the ropes. She landed back onto her foot instead of standing on her tippy toes and said a quick 'thanks' to Minho as Frypan cut Teresa down.

The six stood in front of the door, Minho handing Katherine her machete. She took it into her hand and pointed it at Gally ready to fight if she had to. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally sighed.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone who wants to come now's your last chance." Thomas spoke.

"Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare you. All right?" Gally turned to counter what Thomas said, hoping to get the gladers to stay.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. All right, I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. Ok? This place isn't our home. We were put here. Ok, were trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that." Thomas gave a big speech and Katherine could see he was making the wheels turn in the gladers heads, making them side with Thomas.

Slowly, boys walked over to stand with Thomas, wanting to escape just like Katherine, Minho, Frypan, Newt, and Teresa. Half the boys left Gally's side and over to Thomas's. "Gally, it's over. Just come with us." The brunette boy tried to reason with the blonde.

There was a long pause and then Gally opened his mouth to respond. "Good luck against the grievers." He responded. And with that, Minho grabbed Katherine's hand and the group ran into the maze to find their freedom.

___

hi everyone! sorry for all the waiting and sorry that the writing is a little rushed with less detail. i find it hard to follow it along with the storyline of a movie and trying to fit my own oc into it.

again sorry for the wait for an update and i hope all of you enjoyed this chapter.

Until Next Time,

Xoxo, Gossip Girl ;)